Thursday, December 6, 2012

O Christmas Tree

So our Christmas tree this year was a bit of a challenge. We wanted to wait until the week after Thanksgiving to get the tree since Thanksgiving was so early this year. We only had one night available during that week to go get the tree. Kyle called me at around 6 pm the night we were suppose to go and said he was stuck in major traffic and wouldn't be home for a while. So we pushed it off to the next night. The kids were so disappointed. So we went the next night, but McKay cried the whole time, so we picked the tree out in 5 minutes. We got it home and it was a little late but the kids really wanted to decorate it that night. So I quickly tried to put the lights on (I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to the lights, taught by my mom.) So it was stressing me out a little to put them on so fast. Not to mention, over half of our lights just died and we had strands with only half lit. So I threw what lights we had still working and some that were not on the tree and told the kids we were ready. They loved getting out all of the ornaments and squealed with excitement for each one. I love the magic of Christmas through kids eyes. The tree was a bit of struggle, the star wouldn't sit straight, we had a strand of lights that died after I got them on the tree. But I was able to fix the star the next morning and magically the lights worked the next day. All that matters is the kids love it. (And I am getting all new lights the day after Christmas!)

2 comments:

Gayle J. Randall said...

Perhaps I should not have passed on my perfectionism when it comes to tree lights! You might want to rethink that to avoid stress! What a cute tree! What cute grandchildren! What wonderful memories!

threelittlebackseatdrivers.blogspot.com said...

I forget to comment on blogs i read these days, but i just love yours, so candid and fun and real! You are a great mama...Merry Christmas! :)