Thursday, December 6, 2012

Festival of Trees

It has been a few years since we have been to Festival of Tree's and I love going. I found a babysitter for McKay and took the kids and Grandma and met Heather and her kids there. I actually checked the kids out of school about a half hour early so we could beat some of the rush. You would have thought it was Christmas day. They were so excited to get checked out early. I forgot how fun it is to get checked out! We hit the little kids activity area first because there was no one there. The kids had lots of fun. Carson was inside a giant bubble, Brynn got her fingernails painted and a wand, they got tattoos and much more. So much fun!

Afterwards we walked around the gingerbread houses and then the Christmas treee's. Brynn loved anything with Nutcrackers on it, anything super pink, and the fairy gingerbread house. She also just wanted to sit and watch all the dancer's. She was pretty bummed when we actually went to go walk around the tree's becasue she wanted to watch the dancer's.

Carson thought all of the gingerbread houses were super cool and said he got some ideas for ours. He also was lucky enough to have his best friend Cohen come with us. They had fun running around together and showing each other the super cool tree's.

The kids didn't last too long looking at the tree's. Carson said at one point he couldn't walk any farther or his legs would fall off. So in an effort to not have his legs fall off we left without looking at all the trees. (There are a lot of them!) It was a lot of fun and the kids had a good time.

1 comment:

Gayle J. Randall said...

So glad you are continuing the tradition of going to Festival of Trees. I will happily tag along next year!