Instead of doing a lot of small posts about EVERYTHING we do in December I am going to do two big posts. So here it is...
We had a Christmas tree FHE. We made ice cream cone Christmas tree's and helped Grandma and Granpa decorate their Christmas tree. They were very patient with the kids who just kept grabbing their fragile and old ornaments to look at them. It was a lot of fun and their tree turned out beautiful!
We made our traditional gingerbread house. As usual Kyle says he doesn't want to do it, but gets really into it and is the most creative of all of us when it comes to decorating it. Brynn just wanted to eat the candy and frosting, but that is how it has always been!
The ward put on an AMAZING Polar Express Christmas party. I really have never seen a ward party like that! There was even a conductor and a train ride to the polar express. We also feasted on yummy breakfast. The kids got to see Santa and I am happy to say they both went up there on their own. Even more happy to say that they asked Santa for the things Santa had already bought for them. (Thank heavens!) I was a little skeptical of how they were going to tie the Polar Express into a Christ centered party, but it was amazing. They used the theme of "Believe" and believing in Christ. It was a wonderful party!
We had a really good nice snow last weekend and the kids couldn't get out the door fast enough. They were so disappointed from last years snow they were really hoping for some good playing snow. We went out and I took pictures. Kyle helped his Dad shovel, threw snowballs at me and then threw me in the snow in my pajamas. A good time was had by all!
Every year my girlfriends from High school get together for a Christmas party. We have never missed a year! We really don't see each other much through out the year even though we live decently close to each other. So when one of our friends had her baby on the day of our party we decided to go see her and the baby so we wouldn't miss a year. We went to the hospital and then went out to dinner after. It was a lot of fun and I always loving catching up with the girls!
We made lots of homemade treats for friends, neighbors, and family. These were the treats I made for the kids friends. I found the idea on Pinterest and was so happy they actually turned out. Brynnley about killed me when she said she wanted to take them to her whole class plus her friends and Carson's friends. But we made it!
We have been busy with lots and lots of fun holiday things, there are still more to come!





1 comment:
Busy, busy, busy! What great ideas and what wonderful service to your children and their friends! It makes me tired to look at all that cute stuff, though. Thank heavens you are young!
Post a Comment