We drove through the Thanksgiving point lights, one of our favorite activities. We have been so many times now we look for the new and different things. I love it! Afterwards we stopped over by the water tower and saw the reindeer (Carson insisted on saying Ho ho ho) and we stopped by to look at the ice sculpture demonstration for a minute.
Heather invited us up to a new outdoor shopping center in Farmington to go Ice skating. I thought it would be a lot of fun and a good laugh for everyone. Grandma was nice enough to stay off the ice and keep McKay full stocked with snacks. I went out with Brynn and Carson (luckily Grandpa came to).
I can still remember the first and only time I went ice skating and I imagined myself gliding across the ice beautifully and being able to do a few easy spins. It could not have been more opposite. It was so hard, I was so not graceful, and hurt everywhere. Brynn kind of took the same mentality. She lasted the least amount of time. She couldn't get her feet in front of her. She clung to the wall as her lifeline. Carson loved it! I was shocked how good he was and how balanced he was for his first time. We stayed on the ice for quite a while. He even ventured away from the wall a few times. It was a lot of fun, and there was a lot of good laughing as well.
Our friends the Fountaines had invited us to come to a Breakfast with Santa with them, promising it was awesome. It was for sure an amazing Breakfast with santa. The food was good, they had face painting for the kids, Buddy the elf was there, and a sugar cookie station. My kids loved it! We also were able to go in just our family to visit with Santa. My favorite moment had to be when Carson went right up and Santa said "I bet I already know what you want for Christmas, a Michigan shirt." (Notice the Ohio State sweatshirt) Carson said no and Kyle told Santa to "watch it." Carson told Santa he wanted a motor scooter. Brynnley said she wanted Barbies. Neither of them were very chatty with Santa, they said what they wanted and hopped up. Seriously though, check out that Santa. I am pretty sure he is the real leggit one! We will for sure be going back to this Breakfast with Santa, best one ever!
Wrapping paper tube sword fights are a must around here. Grandma saves them and they have a sword fight every year.
All of us in our Christmas best. (McKay didn't go to church, I just got him dressed for the picture). I think the kids looked adorable. Be sure and check out Kyle's super awesome Christmas tie. Carson really wanted to get him a Christmas tie for Christmas. He went with David one night and picked it out. In case you can't see it has reindeer and a Santa football player. He got LOTS of compliments on it at church and Carson was beaming.





1 comment:
It looks like you are keeping all of the Christmas traditions alive and adding even more. What fun memories you are making! Perhaps Carson will add hockey to his list of sports he loves! Love your Christmas picture! What a beautiful family! Love you, too!
Post a Comment