Sunday, July 7, 2013

Carson's Baptism Day

I still can not believe that Carson is 8! It is so cliche but I really feel like I was holding him as a brand new baby in my arms just a few days ago! Every says that time flies, but it really does sometime!
We have been working on months to get Carson ready for his baptism. We had over 8 different family home evenings all about Baptism and everything that goes along with it. I think it was a big help for Carson to get ready.
Carson also helped in the program for his baptism day. He asked Dad to baptism him and for Grandpa for to confirm him a member of the church.
It may not look like the best family picture but it really is one of the best. It is really hard to get McKay to look at the camera. So to me it is a perfect picture!
We had a picture display set up at the church and I also had a video that I had made of various pictures of Carson through the years. It was so hard to put it together, I wanted to put every single cute and adorable picture and I kept wondering where my tiny baby went!
We had a wonderful program at the church and were surrounded by family and friends.
I am so proud of Carson to make the choice to get baptized. I thought he would be really nervous (He got my nerves). But he was so confident and excited about the day. He looked so handsome and so old. I love nothing more than to see Kyle use his priesthood power in our home, it truly is one of my favorite things. I loved seeing him baptize Carson.

We were all very excited Grandpa and Grandma Randall were here for Carson's big day. I will admit I was excited when I found out about their mission plans (the one they just got home from) when I realized that they would be home for Carson's baptism.
After his baptism we invited everyone over to our house for some food and to visit. We had great food and great company! Carson loved having all of his friends here at once!

It was a beautiful day and a very memorable day, one I will never forget. I love you Carson!

No comments: