Since we were not going on any vacation this summer I wanted to do something, so I had the idea for a staycation. We booked a hotel up in Park city for a few nights and invited both of our parents to come with us. We scored an awesome hotel room. We could all fit in it and had a kitchen to eat and the best part... a hot tub on our own private balcony. The kids of course thought it was the coolest thing ever! They were in there more than they were in the hotel room.
We also did a lot of swimming at the regular pool in the hotel as well. Pools are one of the best things for the kids whenever we go to a hotel. I was excited that even McKay liked the pool for a little bit.
It was great to have both of our parents there with us. My parents were only able to stay with us for one night, but we had a great time. I am so glad that my parents and my in laws get a long so well so that we can do trips like this.
We also went on the trip over my mom's Birthday. So the Ford's were nice enough to watch the kids for us while Kyle and I took my parents out for a nice lunch. It was fun to have some time just with them and celebrate my amazing Mom!
McKay had a rough time sleeping in the hotel, we discovered he is tall enough and even more importantly strong enough to crawl out of the pack and play. While I was not thrilled with this, part of me was so excited that he was strong enough to do that. But it made for a horrible first night. We finally ended up letting him having the Ipad in the pack and play and he didn't go to sleep until some time after 2 and woke up about 5:30. Luckily he was so beyond exhausted the second night that he fell asleep the second I put him in.
Our trip was pretty low key. The Friday that we were up there the boys went golfing in the morning and the girls headed over to TJ Maxx, always a must for us! Heather brought her kids up to come play with us as well. After lunch we all headed over to the outlets, however it was a little chaotic with that many kids. After shopping everyone headed to go see the movie turbo. I opted to stay at the hotel with McKay since I wasn't sure how he would do in the movie theatre since he was so tired. We sat out on the deck and played, it was actually really nice.
On Saturday after breakfast we headed up to the Park city Mountain resort to do all of the fun things up there.
Kelli was nice enough to help with McKay while we did all of the activities. We rode the ski lift to the top for the Alpine slide. We had to wait at the top of the mountain to go to the Alpine Slide, because there was a moose right next to the track. We went down the alpine slide and all loved it, and no one fell out!
We then went to do the Alpine Coaster which was everyone's favorite. You ride in a car in a hug track through the trees and high above the ground. It was beautiful and exhilarating.
Each of the kids wanted a turn on the small zip line as well. So I took Carson once and Kyle took Brynnley once.
We had a perfect staycation! Just long enough to have a lot of fun! We did lots of fun things and we all had a great time!




No comments:
Post a Comment