So we were lucky enough over the 4th of July weekend to have almost all of my Mom's side of the family in town. We were missing one cousin who had had a baby just a few days prior. It has been a REALLY long time since we were all together. So my mom and her sister's planned a reunion and a birthday celebration for my Grandparents while we were all together.
It works out so well that there is a fabulous park right in my Grandparents neighborhood. We met there and had lots of fun games and yummy food. The kids loved the pinata, and the adults enjoyed the minute to win it games.
After dinner we headed inside to have a short program for my Grandma and Grandpa Jordan. It was their 80th Birthday's last year and their 59th Wedding Anniversary. My Mom and her sisters sang a few songs for a program and then we showed a video at the end. I put together a video of pictures of my Grandparents through the years. I loved working on the video and looking at all of the old pictures. I think the video turned out beautiful (Thanks to Kyle excellent music selection as well.) After the video we had cake and ice cream.
We all headed outside after we were done eating. It is a Jordan family tradition to welcome the newest members of the families into the family by pelting them with marshmallows. I know it sounds crazy and silly, and yes it is. But It is so much fun. We all grab bags of marshmallows and throw them at each other!
After the marshmallow fight we did water balloon launching. My parents started this tradition years ago when we went camping. We use to fill water balloons and then launch them down the road or at the dam where we went camping. The adults loved shooting them and the kids loved trying to chase after them.
I have amazing Grandparents! They have been an amazing example to me of love, service, and selfless kindness. I love spending time with them. I love the memories I have with each of them when I was growing up. They are amazing people and mean so much to me.



No comments:
Post a Comment