We spent 30 minutes listening to them give a major speech about the turtles and what they were doing and what not to do. It was finally time to release the turtles and they let a group of kids do the first release. After the kids did it they said if there were enough (there were hundreds) some adults could do it as well.
I pushed Kyle up to the front to make sure he got to do it, I told him I would just release the next set after him.
AS you can tell from the pictures Kyle was SUPER excited! He loves animals and watching animal shows and anything having to do with that kind of stuff. It for sure is on his bucket list to release baby sea turtles so I was so excited that he was able to do it.
The turtles were super cute and so tiny, it was so fun to watch them crawl down to the ocean and then get taken away by the waves.
After Kyle released his turtle they informed us that they were not letting anyone else release any more! Major bummer! So we all sat there and watched them release the rest, pretty disappointing. So Kyle was the only one in our group that actually go to do it.
It was a lot of fun and I am really glad we were able to do it. It was a beautiful evening on the beach and fun to share it with the little baby turtles. Even more fun for Kyle to live out a dream he has had.
No comments:
Post a Comment