Friday, May 9, 2008
A Mom moment
Last night Carson woke up while I was getting ready for bed. I usually just let him get himself back to bed if he wakes up because it is much faster than me going in. But he sounded different last night and was whimpering. I went in and he had the most terrified look on his face. He clung to my neck and was crying that he wanted to go into our room. I got on the bed with him and held him for a while and he said he was really scared. As I sat there holding him and trying to comfort him I was a little overcome with emotion. I realized I was really a mother. I know this may sound weird, but while I was sitting there it reminded me of when I use to have nightmares and my mom would comfort me. I felt so bad for Carson and all I wanted was to be able to take away the bed dreams and comfort him. He went back to sleep pretty easy after that. But as I left I realized how much my kids truly mean to me. I went in to check on Brynnley as well before I went to bed. There are definitely moments when I want to tear my hair out, literally. But then I think about how much joy my children bring me. Nothing makes me happier than my family. I love to see Carson's face when you surprise him with something. I love to hear Brynnley giggle and see her face light up. So as mother's day approaches, I realize how truly blessed and lucky I am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love those moments when you realize how important you are to your little ones and how great it is to be a mom! I am so excited to live closer to you and be able to hang out and let the munchkins play!
I can't wait to have one of these moments! You are a great mom!
I know the feeling! Sometime I wonder how on earth I got three kids and do I really have any clue what I am doing! Okay, I do know how I got three kids, but I really don't know what I'm doing!
Post a Comment