Thursday, January 22, 2009

Bahati Njema!

My parents left last Friday morning to go to Kenya Africa for their second mission. Luckily we were able to hang out with them a little the week before they left. They came over on Monday night and we went bowling. (one of Carson's favorite things) It was a lot of fun to go with them, my Dad was not very happy with his score. But we had a good time.




On Thursday night I invited all of my family over to have a good bye dinner. It was a lot of fun and I was really glad everyone could make it. Even my grandparents and Aunt and Uncle. We had good food with a fabulous Kneaders cake for dessert. Kyle looked up good luck in Swahili and put it on the cake. My parents loved it ! (What a thoughtful guy I have!)
It was hard as we each one by one said good bye to my parents for another year and half. You would think it gets a little easier, but it really doesn't. Maybe my mission 5 or something! I am sad for the kids, that they will miss out on having their grandparents for the next year and a half. I admit, it is really hard to not have your parents around as well. I miss the most just being able to call and say hi, or ask a silly "mom" question that only mom's know. My parents are so excited and are so anxious to help the people in Africa. They will be such amazing missionaries and are always willing to serve. They are such amazing examples to our family. We love them and will miss them greatly!

3 comments:

DigandStacee said...

Tell your parents congrats on there mission. My cousin just left to the Congo Africa Mission. He said that it is amazing over there!

Lyns said...

Congratulations to your parents! That would be so hard to have them gone. I'm glad you guys got to spend so much time with them last week. If you have any "mom" questions, give me a call and I'll ask my mom! :)

Gayle J. Randall said...

So nice to be missed! Thank you to both of you for the wonderful family memories we had at your home before we left. We love you and miss you!