Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Where dreams come true...

We just got back from Disney world on Sunday and we had an AMAZING trip!It was so much fun (a little more stressful than I anticipated), exhausting, but magical all at the same time!! I apologize now this will be a SUPER long post!

*Click on collage to view larger.
This is us at Hollywood studios. We actually went there twice so we could get everything in. Well and so we could ride Toy Story mania again as well. This was one of Carson's favorite rides, he kept asking over and over to go on it. Buzz Lightyear and Woody were also there, we actually saw Buzz three times (I think we all know he has been Carson's favorite since he could say Buzz). The first time Carson was terrified so Kyle and I went with Brynnley, but Carson slowly warmed up to the characters (a huge thanks to Kyle) and by the end he was begging to go up to all of them. Carson loved the playhouse Disney show, it had all the characters from his favorite Disney shows. One of Carson's big things while we were there was the map. He always had to be holding a map so he could see where we were going. He would wake up first thing in the morning and get the map for the park we were going to that day and would scope out the rides. Sadly Carson was 39 1/2 inches and you have to be 40 for all of the big rides. We were super bummed and tried a few different times to get him in. The only time he was really disappointed was when he could not go on splash mountain, he was so sad it broke my heart. But he was really good about not complaining when we all went on the big kid rides. My favorite was when I came out of riding tower of terror (scares me to death, but I go every time and I wonder why when I am up at the top!) and he had been waiting with Grandma and he said "Mommy I heard you scream, and it was really loud!"Carson and Grandma and Grandpa on Toy Story mania. Carson would get off and say he scored "fifteen fifteen" what a high score! Kyle and I didn't get to ride very many rides with Carson, he was super Grandma and Grandpa obsessed for the whole trip. He wanted to do everything with them, and poor Grandpa's shoulders, he always wanted to ride on his shoulders.

Daddy and Brynnley in front of the castle, one of my favorite pics of the whole trip
!
We had a blast at the Animal Kingdom, it was the only day that rained on us, but it was kind of a nice break. We went their early because we did a character breakfast that morning. Carson was still a little scared of all of the characters but we got to see Mickey, Goofy, and Daisy. Our favorite things at this park were the Lion King show, the Safari ride (Carson go to see crocodiles so he was happy) and the expedition Everest. Kyle and Carson also got tattoos here, Carson of course got a Buzz lightyear and Kyle got a Mickey on his arm, he liked to flex so Mickey's ears moved up and down!


Kyle's favorite park is Epcot, none of us are really sure why but he loves it. We had a lot of fun there. Carson's favorite part was the Nemo ride and the turtle talk with crush (see movie below). We also were able to get a special character visit because we had Disney visa's, so we got to see Goofy and Minnie. But in my frantic running around of trying to get Carson to go up to the characters and making sure Brynnley was okay I forgot to take pictures! Carson also loved finding the "big golf ball" he was always the first to point it out. He loved the ride inside as well, the mission to space.
My favorite park is still the magic kingdom, I know it is kind of boring to have that as my favorite but I LOVE it! So did Carson and Brynnley, Carson kept asking when we were going back to the magic kingdom. I think we ended up going a total of four times!! Carson's favorite ride here was of course the Buzz Lightyear ride, I think we rode it over 6 different times! But he also loved all of the other rides, some of his favorites were jungle cruise, Aladdin's carpets and small world. Brynnley's favorite was definitely small world. She was absolutely mesmerized as soon as we got in there. We went twice just for her! The Fords also had shirts made for us for Christmas they said "Ford Family Disney Vacation" with a fun Disney castle. Carson loved the castle, he would walk in and make sure we all saw the castle. We stayed one night for the spectro magic parade and fireworks and he loved when the castle turned green with the green lights on it.

This is the video of Carson in the Turtle talk with crush. The kids all sit up in the front and they have the turtle from "Finding Nemo" that comes and talks to the kids. It really is very funny, entertaining and amazing how they do it all. Luckily David made me sit up on the front so I could watch Carson's reactions, I was shocked whey they picked to talk to Carson. It was one of my favorite moments of the trip!
Here are a bunch of random pictures! We went on Monday night to a show called Hoop-de-do Review and it was so much fun! It was great food and fabulous entertainment, I was shocked that Carson loved it so much! Kyle and Devin also had a rib eating contest, Kyle won with 17 ribs!! We took the kids swimming at our hotel one night and they both loved it, it got a little cold though so we didn't stay long. Carson put his legs in the hot tub with Daddy right before we left and said "Ah, this is the life!" Where he got that I have no idea!This was Carson the last day of the trip. Poor little guy was exhausted, as we all were! But somehow he survived with only one nap and not the best sleep at night. I know he was running on pure Disney adrenaline. I think it is all how we felt at the end of the trip.

We had so much fun. Although it is good to be home I am already wishing we were back there. It was so fun to watch the kids reactions and see how excited Carson got for every little thing. A HUGE HUGE HUGE thank you to the Fords for putting it all together! They were such a huge help with the kids too, I don't think I could do Disney with out them for sure!
We had a blast and Carson can not stop talking about it and playing with his toys! Hopefully it is not too long before we are back!

5 comments:

Lyns said...

I am so jealous! It looks like you guys had a GREAT time! Ever since we talked to you today, Ava's been saying "I want to see Mickey with Carson" and "I want Mickey underwear." So, that is our new potty training prize. :) You took some great pictures. I love the one of Brinnley and Kyle with the castle and Carson sleeping at the end. SOOOO cute!

Cami said...

Seriously so Jealous. I want to go to DisneyWorld so bad. It is all worth it when you see the looks on your kids faces. YOu took some great pics. I still think you should try and get your passes to season passes at DL. It not as exhausting and we stay close and for way cheap.

Quinn said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun. I am jealous of the nice warm weather it looked like you guys had. Way fun!
Kelli

Arin said...

Looks like you guys had a BLAST! There is nothing like Disney..they sure know how to do it. I also LOVE your blog title..how did you do it? Let me know!

Lisa Riddle said...

You guys are so lucky that looks like so much fun. I bet you would like to take a nap for about a week though.