Monday, April 20, 2009

Cinema Sunday

Yesterday I said to Kyle while we were all just sitting around Sundays are kind of boring. I do love just hanging out with the family, but sometimes we all (kids and adults) get a little bored. As usual Kyle never ceases to amaze me. He asked Carson is he wanted to watch a movie all together. Kyle had gotten me "Bedtime Stories" for Easter so we thought that would be good for all of us. We pushed the furniture out of the way, got out every blanket and some pillows and piled in on the floor in the family room. What would a movie be with out popcorn and snacks. Brynnley was in heaven because she loves popcorn and was eating it by the handfuls. It was a great movie, however I think we will be choosing a cartoon next month. (It was a little hard in the end when kids were jumping all over the place from the sugar rush!)
We had so much fun and I loved doing something all together with the family. We decided to make it a monthly tradition. We had so much fun and the kids loved it. So we are going to be having Cinema Sunday from now on. Kyle said "How fun would it be if we were still doing this when Carson is eighteen?" It was so much fun and I hope the tradition carries on!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

We did this last year when church was at 2:30, we would sit and watch a movie as a family before church and it was so much fun! The kids still ask for a Sunday Family Movie all the time. Keep it up!

T Fowler said...

That looks like fun. Please don't tell my kids, I'd have a mutiny on my hands! We have a no-TV on Sunday rule at our house. Winter is hard, but now they can play together in the backyard, it make the day go by faster.

Lisa Riddle said...

What a fun tradtion! Your kids are so cute. I agree Sundays can get a little long. I am so glad it is warm enough we can go for walks again.