Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hapyy Easter!

We had a very full and fun Easter weekend! My sister came down on Saturday to watch the kids for me so I could go help the Fords bake cookies (We are slowly chipping away at the large number!) She helped Carson decorate our traditional Easter egg cookies (pic below)
In the afternoon we went to the Ford's house for a Easter Egg hunt. Of course the weather was bad, so we had to resort to having a basement hunt! It was a lot of fun though. Carson loved it and was so excited to find the eggs. Brynnley didn't really know what was going on, but loved having Daddy run her all around the basement!

Finding eggs at Grandma and Grandpas
Checking out the loot! Carson opened his first egg and was so shocked to see so much stuff in there! He was very excited about the "monies" and wants to use his quarters to go ride the carousel and play games at the mall.

Decorating cookies with Aunt Michelle

We also dyed our own eggs this year. Carson was so excited to do it all day and waited very patiently. He was shocked when we pulled the egg out and it was green (He is obsessed with Green right now so of course we had to do that one first)
Silly boys!
The finished project, Kyle of course got jazzy with his egg dying.

The Easter bunny also visited our house Easter morning. Carson got a green soccer ball, a buzz light year kite ("I can't believe it, a buzz kite mommy!"" and the movie Desperaux.

Brynnley got a new shirt, a cabbage patch fairy and some bubbles.
Please don't mind their outfits, they had both just got out of the bath.
Easter outfits, I admit I love getting my kids all dressed up! It is so fun to pick out the outfits and see how adorable they are! Carson was so excited to wear a tie. I showed it to him and he couldn't wait to wear it (he was a little upset it wasn't green). But he kept showing everyone that he was wearing a tie. Kyle was not in our picture because he went to church early because he had to speak! He did a great job as usual, and didn't even have time to give his whole talk!

I absolutely love dressing up Brynnley. Kyles' mom got her this dress for her birthday but I decided to save it for Easter. It was so cute on her. I got it on her and she looked so excited. She loves it when you get her dressed and tell her how pretty she is. She just gets a big smile on her face!We went to the Fords after church for dinner. It was super yummy and fun to just visit for a while. Of course we had to take our buzz kite so grandpa could help us fly it. Carson was so excited, we had a hard time getting him to stop running with it!

7 comments:

Lyns said...

Looks like you guys had a great Easter! I feel bad we weren't there for Kyle's talk. I love the pic of you and the kids and that picture of Brynnley in her Easter dress is SOOOOOO adorable!

Michelle Kelly said...

Looks like a really fun Easter. I'm glad that Kyle was able to be there, I thought he would still be baking cookies.

Unknown said...

Hi Grandpa Randall here from So. Africa-Looks like a fun Easter for the family. Glad you had some sunny weather, but see it looks like winter almost again. Glad too see every body got a Easter Egg.
Love Grandpa Randall

Gayle J. Randall said...

How fun for all, even Grandpa and Grandma in Kenya who get to enjoy it vicariously. Everyone looked handsome and cute and happy (even the Mom!) Happy Easter to all! Thanks for blogging!

Cami said...

Fun! I loved Brinnleys dress! I wish we would have colored eggs this yr, but I would have gone nuts with Bos trying to do it. LOve him but not very patient kid.

Seth and Emily said...

I love the pictures of Grandma, Kelli and Carson, and Kyle and Carson holding up their Easter Eggs. Your kids' easter outfits are great! Not enough people do easter outfits anymore.

Lisa Riddle said...

Brynlee looks so cute in her little Easter dress. I am afraid if we ever have a girl I may go broke buying cute little dresses.