Saturday, April 4, 2009

Cookies, cookies, and a few more thousands of cookies.

So I know some people already know this but I wanted to post it so we could remember (not that we could forget that many cookies!) Our Kneaders recently got the contract for the new Oquirh Hills temple that will be opening this summer. We got the contract to feed all the apostles and state dignitaries. As well as do the cookies for the open house which is May- June. So that means between 800,000 to 1 million cookies! Yes you read that correctly! So pretty much when any one asks me what we are up to, I usually say cookies!
Kyle and his dad switch weeks to do the graveyard shift. They go in around 8 at night and bake cookies continuously until about 6 am! They also have been able to use the corporate bake house (2 ovens!) on Saturdays to get a lot done. I was able to go today to help out. They are so fast and there are cookies everywhere! A big thank you to those that are helping watch our kids so I can go help, it is a HUGE help!

We also will be doing 2 lunches for 8,000 each in the month of May! So our summer has pretty much been devoted to the new temple (which is a good thing to be devoted to!)

9 comments:

The Watsons said...

WOW! and GOOD LUCK! That's all I have to say!

Lyns said...

Talk about busy! Good Luck with it! What a great thing to be doing. It's so cool that you guys were able to get the contract!

Whitney Parry said...

WOW!!! That is so awesome.. good luck with that!:)

Lisa Riddle said...

Holy crap! You will probably never want to see another cookie as long as you live when this is over. Congrats though, that is so nice to have so much business ecspecially when places aren't getting a lot of business. Good luck!

Arin said...

That is amazing! You always wonder how takes care of these things..now we know! Good luck! I may be calling you about food storage..this is also a goal of mine! Way to go!

Heidi said...

That is amazing! I can't even fathom that many cookies! If you have too many, I can help you eat them!

Gayle J. Randall said...

You're so right! It is a great thing to be dedicated to you! We are proud of you and Kyle and his family! Great job and keep those cookies coming!

Becky Peterson said...

Steve and I have fun looking at the blogs we know! Your family is growing up! So cute! Steve told me to tell you to send all the left over cookies from the Temple dedication to us and all the Tahititan missionaries!1 Good idea! We'd die for a good American cookie let alone a Kneaders one! Keep up the good work! Becky and Steve Peterson

Becky Peterson said...

We love looking at pictures from Jon and Janae's blog..your family is growing! So cute! Steve says to send all the left over cookies from the Temple dedication to us and all the missionaries here in Tahiti..we'd die for an American cookie let along a Kneaders cookie!
Keep up the good work! Becky and Steve Peterson