
Yes, you read the title correctly! Kyle's parents told me a few weeks ago they thought it would be fun to go to the sheepdog festival up at soldier hollow. I knew the kids would loved it so we agreed to go. They took Carson with them and left earlier in the morning and I met up with them after
Brynnley's nap. Carson loved it! He was so excited to tell me all about it when I met up with them. They watched the jumping dogs (as seen above) sheep herding, duck herding, and much more.


They also had a few games and things for kids. Carson got his arm painted. A green snake. I told him to make a tough guy face! He also was so excited to try the hula hoop. But he could not get it to work. So Grandpa went to show him, he had no success at all. So me being the hula hoop expert that I use to be gave it a whirl (I do hold the record on our
Wii fit!) Everyone had a good laugh looking at the pregnant hula hooping mom!

They had a lot of different animals for everyone to look at. This is the albino hedge hog. I've never seen one in person, kind of interesting!

Carson and
Brynnley told took a turn riding the horses as well. They both loved it!

Sadly we were not able to stay very long.
Brynnley woke up looking a little
goopy eyed but I thought she was okay to go. By the time we got up to the festival her eyes were
swollen and full of goop. She obviously had caught Carson's pink eye from the previous week. So we stayed for a few things, but she didn't last long. We watched the dog acrobat show, did a few games and then watched the jumping dogs again. It was a lot of fun, I know Carson loved it! He talked about it all night and fell
asleep on the way home. It was a lot of fun and a big thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for taking him!
3 comments:
What a fun day! I didn't know they had a sheepdog festival at Soldier Hollow. Thanks, Fords, for broadening our horizons! It looks like there were lots of fun things for kids to do. Love the tough guy face, Carson!
I am dying at the tough guy face!! oh carson we love you! Sounds like fun, never even heard of this event... we need to find these random things and go sometime. Anything beats late night walks to the red box!!
Wow--- head about this before, but did not know they had so much stuff for the kids. Will have to catch this next year-- They have lots of goats all over the place here also. Grandpa Randall
Post a Comment