We actually had our first baby doctor appointment a few weeks ago. But I mostly wanted to post about it so I wouldn't forget about it. Our doctor came into our room and told us he had a baby being delivered at Timpanogas that was having some problems. He felt really bad he couldn't be there. (He has delivered my other two, so he is a big part of all of our lives!). I told him it was totally okay, I didn't really have any questions and I knew the drill. So he said he would see us soon and the nurse would check the heartbeat. Everyone knows, that is the whole reason you want that first appointment. Even though you have seen the pregnancy tests, felt the incredible sickness, you just want to hear that amazing new sound of the heartbeat. So we chatted with nurse and she started to use the Doppler to find the heartbeat. After ten minutes of her trying she told us she was going to go get the expert. I wasn't really worried because I knew I had had all the symptoms. The second lady came in and tried for about 5 minutes, no luck from her either. At that point I was a little worried, but not in hysteria's. Kyle the amazing husband that he is of course kept me incredibly calm. (One of his many fabulous qualities is keeping nervous people calm!). In my head I started to wonder though, "Am I one of those people who have imagined the symptoms for 10 weeks?" So they sent us in for an ultrasound. Of course someone else was in there so we sat outside just to think for about 15 more minutes. We finally got in and saw the baby right away. It was such an amazing sight! We saw the baby moving all around and kicking and we saw the heart beating. I have never had an ultrasound that early so it was really interesting to see how much room they have in there!!
We are glad everything is okay and we were so excited to see the little baby and the heart beat. Kyle of course was pressuring the technician to try and see the sex of the baby. Of course it is impossible at that time! I am glad that this ordeal happened with my third and not my first. Hysteria's for sure would have been present if it was my first!
3 comments:
So glad the news was good. So glad it happened on the third pregnancy and not the first! So glad we'll have another new baby grandchild to love! So glad to be glad!
So happy it was all good. If that would have happened to you (or me for that matter) on the first baby you'd probably be in a looney bin!
How fun to get to see your tiny little guy or girl I guess. Good job for staying calm I am sure I would have already been bawling at that point.
Post a Comment