Monday, September 14, 2009

Happy Grandparents day!

So most people actually don't know that the 2Nd Sunday of September is actually Grandparents day. I stumbled upon it about 3 years ago in one my parents magazines. I have to admit, I think my kids have the most amazing grandparents ever! They are awesome. So for the past 3 years I have had an annual Grandparents day dinner. Sadly my parents have not been able to attend, 2 times because of mission and one because of a death in the family. We'll get them next year!!!
We usually have a big dinner and the kids make Grandma and Grandpa a special present just for them. This year we decorated treasure boxes. They they got to take them home. So when the kids have a treasure they want to take Grandma they can put it in there. Or grandma and Grandpa can put a treasure in there for them.
I also hung hearts from our chandelier that had things that the kids love to do with their grandparents.

I appreciate our kids grandparents so much! They are always so excited to see the kids and take them off on little adventures. Carson adores his grandparents and his face lites up when we talk about them or get to see them. Brynnley has also started to take a real like to Grandparents. She has started calling Kyle's dad "pa pa", when I ask if she wants to go see Grandma and Grandpa her face lights up and she says "pa pa, pa pa!" Thank you for all that you do and all the help that you are!

5 comments:

Don said...

Val,

You're amazing. Nothing more important that family. Glad you've got such a great one. Honestly, one of they days we're going to stop by when we're in town.

Gayle J. Randall said...

Thank you so much for the Grandparents' Day Skype. It was so fun to see Brynnley and Carson (and you!) We love telling our senior missionary friends all about Carson trying to Skype us when you're not looking. Don't be too upset at him, we're not! We can't wait to fill the treasure box with treasures, and love! It's all about family and you have a beautiful one!

Angela said...

Valerie, you are simply amazing! I admire you so much and I wish I was more of a crafty, fun mom like you! Hooray for grandparents!!

Unknown said...

WE love to skype with Carson and Brynnley and love to see all the things they are involved in. Thanks so much for the special day of remembrance. Love Grandpa Randall

The Watsons said...

Val, you're awesome! I need to be more like you and be creative with all these little things! I hope you're doing good!