Monday, September 14, 2009

Soccer, soccer, soccer!!!

So I have to admit, I think those first few weeks when Carson was born both Kyle and I couldn't wait to go to our little boys first soccer game. It finally came! Carson has done some itty bitty sport classes but he is on a real soccer team this fall. I found a fabulous league (thanks again Janae!!!) that is really good and very professional. I actually help arrange all of the teams for Carson's age group for Lehi (a lot more stressful and a lot more work than I thought!!!)
But the plus side was I got to hand pick Carson's team. So he is on a team with his friends Cohen and Dylan. Plus he got green uniforms, yep that was all my doing. Of course I'm going to get my sons favorite uniforms for his team!!


Carson is loving soccer. We have had a little bit of a hard time to get him to not tackle the other kids (football is not too far off.....). But he loves it! He gets so excited when he has practice and he has a game.
The game he had this last week he actually scored 3 goals!! One was for the other team, so we don't really mention that one. But the other 2 were all his!!!
It is so much fun to watch him play. Although I do think the parents get more into it than the kids do. Lets just say we all want our kid to do well. But we are having so much fun watching him and cheering him on!!


*Click to enlarge*

I love the thumbs up picture one of my favorites. The other big pic is him right after he scored a goal!

It was my turn to bring the treats for the team this week. Since we own a bakery I took full advantage of it. We made super cute soccer ball cookies for the team after the game. They were a big hit. As you can tell, my "cooookie, coookie" monster enjoyed one as well!

5 comments:

Lisa Riddle said...

How cute! You are so creative with the soccer cookies and such. I remember always making some creative thing when I would go to your house. Remember when we would tie old sheets to our arms and legs and go run around in the wind. I just thought of that because it is really windy here. It was always a party when we got together.

Gayle J. Randall said...

So much fun! You are working so hard to help your children have growing and learning experiences! Congratulations to you! Congratulations to Carson for the goals (even the one in the other team's net)! The pictures are great! We almost feel like we were there! Go Carson's green team!

Angela said...

So cute! I love the soccer ball cookie idea!

The Smith's - said...

So fun, hope we can make it one of the games! Way to go Carson!

Unknown said...

It's fun to be involved in some of these early sports, it helps the children to start getting involved and finding out things they love. I enjoyed the time with other parents and of course the opportunity to see our children play. It is a challenge to not get to over involved, but a great activity. Love DAD