My friend and her family have the most AMAZING garden. Every time I drive by I get garden envy, since I have no garden at all! Anyways she put it out there that they were going to be selling some extra food, mostly raspberries. I jumped at the chance to get some fresh raspberries at an amazing price. So here is what we did with our raspberries...
They are just so good to eat. Carson and I ate them by the handfuls he couldn't even wait to get in the house before he popped a few in his mouth.

I had my first go at jam. I know you are thinking, jam that is no big deal. But I have never done it so it is a big deal to me. I actually did triple berry jam, with raspberries, strawberries and
blackberries. Super yummy and super easy. The best part was when I put it out on Sunday with my homemade
Belgian waffles and Kyle said "This is it..." (He's not a jam, or raspberry fan), and he ate it and said "Wow,
surprisingly really good!" That's a wife victory!

Smoothies!!! We love smoothies, especially the kids. I have decided to try and make them more often
because you can make them so healthy without adding lots of sugary stuff! So we made smoothies, this was
Brynnley's favorite way to eat the Raspberries.

I also enjoyed cup fulls with delicious brownies, it was like a piece of heaven in my mouth! I justify the brownie
because it has fruit with it! I also froze a bunch of them for desserts and for more smoothies!
Yummy! A huge thanks to Jess for the amazing raspberries and the crazy good deal!!
3 comments:
I love the pictures of Carson and Brynnley enjoying the raspberries. What cute faces and Brynnley's cute "red raspberry lipstick." Great job on the jam! I'd love to taste some, but it will be long gone by the time I get home, because it's so yummy! We'll make it together next year! How fortunate you are to have such a good friend with such a great garden!
We love raspberries. Enoch will go into the garden every day and pick raspberries. Hardly any of them make it into the house. Your jam looks great. Good job.
I LOVE raspberries. I remember last year going over to Tresa's and picking raspberries with Enoch. They were so yummy, I told myself once I got a house I would plant raspberries just so I could pick them whenever I wanted to. The jam looks so yummy!!
Post a Comment