Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas 2009

*Long post, lots of pictures! Click on collages to enlarge pictures!

We had a great Christmas! We were able to fit in lots of fun things, lots of family time, and lots of time with the kids!
We spent Christmas Eve with Kyle's family. We had dinner then drove around to look at the Christmas lights. My kids LOVE to drive around and look at the lights. Afterwards we headed back to Grandma and Grandpas house to act out the nativity story. It was so fun to get the kids all dressed up. Brynnley was Mary with her "baby", and Carson was an Angel. I'm not sure how much of the story they got out of it but they sure looked cute. We ended the evening with opening our pajamas and traditional Christmas book from Kyle's parents. We headed home to get kids in bed, leave cookies out for Santa and oatmeal for the reindeer.

I have to admit I have been waiting for years for my kids to come down the stairs and literally scream with joy. I FINALLY got my wish! Carson was so loud when he came down the stairs, Brynnley was just as loud too. They were so excited to see everything Santa brought them.
Brynnley has been trying to ride Carson's bike since she could walk. So we figured it was time to get her one of her own. Isn't her radio flyer vespa cute!?Carson got a matching radio flyer scooter, he was pretty excited about it! One of his best friends got one for Christmas too and we told Carson, he is super excited to "play bikes" with him!
I think Carson got everything he asked Santa for! He got a few wii games, some bakgun guys, books, some games, and some matchbox toys.

Brynnley got a lot of baby stuff. She actually ended up with 5 babies total! She got the stroller, crib, and high chair to go with them. She also got lots of books as they are one of her favorite things!
Kyle and I kept Christmas small between oursleves. He actually wasn't suppose to get me anything because I am going to Disneyland with the kids in a couple of weeks. But he being his usual thoughtful amazing slef did. He got me a movie, a calendar, a cd, and some gift cards to our favorite restaurant. I got him an I-tunes gift card and I turned our camcorder tapes into DVD's. (Post about that to come)
After we had Christmas at our house we went up to Kyle's parents. They had a delicious breakfast ready for us. After breakfast we opened stockings and then presents. It was a little different this year because normally we go one at a time. But we all realized with more kids it kind of turns into more of a free for all. Carson was so excited about all of his gifts from Grandma and Grandpa, I think he favorite was hit toy story pop up world. Brynnleys' favorite was her princess doll house.

After presents we spent the day playing with all of our new toys. Carson really wanted to play all of his Wii games. Brynnley was content on just pulling out any toy, hers, Carson's or Sadies. We had a really yummy Christmas dinner and sundae bar for dessert. It was a great day!
The day after Christmas we actually had Christmas with my family the Randall side. My sisters in-laws have a cabin up American Fork Canyon. So we packed all of our stuff and some food and headed up. We had a great time. We had a yummy lunch then opened presents from cousins, Aunts and Uncles, and Grandma and Grandpa.
My parents got Brynnley all the Disney princess's. Do you think she was excited?
After we opened all the presents we got everyone bundled up and headed out to do some sledding. My kids have never actually been sledding before so I was really anxious for them to try it out. They LOVED it!!!! Neither of them wanted to come in and it was about 10 degrees outside.Luckily Jarom and Kyle were troopers about helping take the kids down. I didn't think it would be a good idea to go, so they helped out with the kids. My brother in law brought his four wheeler up and it was a lifesaver. Everyone would sled down the road and then he would pull everyone back up so they didn't have to walk back up.
Brynnley loved every second of it, she just kept saying "again, again, again". Carson loved it as well, he would go with anyone willing to go with him. My brother in law even sent him down by himself once (Even though I was a little nervous). Kyle caught down at the bottom, he said he was speeding down there with a big smile on his face!

We had a great Christmas and it was great to have 3 whole days of Kyle not working! I can't remember the last time we had that!

Carson opening presents at Grandma and Grandpa Ford's.

Carson sledding up at the cabin.

6 comments:

T Fowler said...

Christmas is so fun when your kids are excited about what they got. Mom and Santa did a great job this year according to the pictures.
The cabin was a lot of fun; we should do it again next year.

Michelle Kelly said...

What a fun post. The cabin was a lot of fun sledding and opening presents. I was really sad mom and dad were not there, but next year will be great with them.

Heidi said...

Maddie got those princess figures when Macie was born...they are still the #1 toy in our house! Everyone fights over them!

Gayle J. Randall said...

I loved the post! I almost felt like we were there! We can't wait to come to the cabin next Christmas! It looks like everyone had such a fun time. Thank you to all for getting together and making it such a special family time.

Lisa Riddle said...

Looks so fun. I love the picture of Brynlee on her bike and with the princesses she just looks so happy!

Angela said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas! I noticed that you said you're taking the kids to Disneyland in a few weeks... I wanted to ask you if you're driving or flying, and where you're staying. Also how many days are you staying? We're planning a trip there in the spring and I'm just trying to figure a few things out so you'll have to fill me in! :)

Glad you had a fun Christmas!