
I consider it an achievement that I now have 3 kids and we just had our first trip to the ER for stitches!!!
I was in our bedroom feeding McKay and I saw Carson come running out of his room. He hit the door frame and immediately started crying and screaming. I thought he had just bumped his head so I told him to come into our bedroom. He started to get closer and see blood gushing (literally) from his head. I quickly set McKay down and get over to him. He had a bout a 3 inch jagged gash down to the bone on his head. I of course panicked. I got his shirt off so we could use it to stop the bleeding and quickly called Kyle to get home ASAP. We decided it would probably just be easiest to go to the ER to get it stitched up. Kyle decided to stay home with Brynnley and McKay and I took Carson. Luckily Kyle's parents met me at the ER to help with Carson and for moral support. After a lot of waiting, one painful cleaning, a very painful and tearful episode of shots in his head. They decided to stitch it up. He got 6 stitches. It was a horrible ordeal, one I do not care to do again soon! Carson was brave through it all, I could tell he was really, really scared. I felt so bad when we all had to pin him down. He just kept screaming "let go!" and "I want to go home". He of course was fine and back to his rowdy self by the time we got home. I however was much more emotionally scared and worried about him being in pain and bumping it on something.
7 comments:
Oh my goodness. It's like Deja vu. Ava was all wrapped up the same way, but she had on a pink "band-aid." There is nothing worse than holding your baby down to get stitches! It's awful. Poor kid and poor momma! I'm glad it's all over with.
I went through a similar trip when I was about 6, only the gash was on my eyebrow, so I know how Carson feels and I screamed the whole time, too. Luckily, he'll have his hair to hide the scar, while my scar is still visible (barely).
Poor kid! I hate when your kids get hurt. I usually cry harder then Jake.
That is not fun, just wait until they have to take them out, I think that was worse for Caleb then putting them in. Not to scare you anymore or anything!! Caleb wants to play with "little" carson again so give me a call when you need a break!!
Yikes! Black eye and stitches within a week or so. Poor kid! Love the blue head band! Lets get the boys together soon.
What an adventure for all! Maybe that's saying it a little too positively. There's nothing worse for a parent than seeing your children in pain. There's a lesson there that applies to Easter, too. So glad all is well now. A big thank you to Grandpa and Grandma Ford for helping out. Good job, Mom, for remaining calm and taking care of things. Thank you to Kyle for keeping everything else going while you were gone. Be careful, Carson! We love you!
The first trip to the ER is scary. It sounds like Carson came through it great though. I know when Enoch got his stitches we took him to the after hours clinic at our ped's office and they used a numbing goop on his gash instead of a shot. It worked great. Maybe ask for that next time (hopefully they won't be a next time!).
Post a Comment