Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Easter FHE

Carson loves having FHE! I admit, we are not always the best at having it. But we do try hard. I thought it would be great to have an Easter Family Home Evening. I told Carson we were going to have FHE and he immediately asked if Grandma and Grandpa could come.
They joined us for dinner as well (Kyle fixed the whole meal himself, I love Chef Kyle!)
Then we had an Easter egg hunt, inside the eggs were all pictures about things that remind of us Easter. We talked about Jesus and when he died for us. We tried to teach Carson the new word of "resurrected".

Afterward we colored our Easter eggs. Carson was so excited to do this. The kids chose what colors they wanted to make.



We also made chocolate birds nests for dessert. They didn't taste amazingly good, but they were fun to eat and looked cute!

It was a really fun night, I hope Carson learned something. At least I know my kids had a fabulously fun night!

5 comments:

Michelle Kelly said...

What a fun idea.

Unknown said...

Remember Elder Bednar's talk from last General Conference. The key is that you did have Family Home Evening, that you're trying to be consistent and your children know you love them and that you have a testimony. All of those things happened at your FHE. Great job, Kyle and Valerie! (And thank you to Grandpa and Grandma Ford.)

Gayle J. Randall said...

Oh, yeah. The comment from Dad was really mine. I was accidentally in his Google profile. ;)

Unknown said...

Gosh I really sounded good--THANKS GAYLE, great pictures and great Family home evening. When the old house went down, a couple of old Easter eggs showed up!! So all things like this have good memories. LOVE DAD

Lyns said...

All I have to say is that even with everything going on, you still are the best mom in the world. What a fun FHE! I've had fun catching up on your blog posts!