Friday, May 28, 2010

Dance Festival


Carson's preschool is located at a regular elementary school so they get to participate in a lot of the activities that the school does. I was so excited when he told me they were learning a dance for the dance festival. I LOVED the dance festival when I was in elementary (What can I say, always a dancer at heart!) Kyle had no idea what I was talking about when I told him about it. It's must just be a Utah thing!
The dance they did was so adorable! It was really simple and perfect for preschoolers. I didn't get very good video of it, because of course he was on the opposite end of where I was and when I ran over by him I couldn't get a good spot. He had so much fun learning the dance and "shaking his groove thing"


3 comments:

Gayle J. Randall said...

How silly of me! I've missed countless family activities, all of which are so special to me and make me wish I was there, but this is the one that makes me cry. I really do love the dance festivals in elementary school--I don't know why. Maybe I'm sad because I only missed it by a little bit of time. Thanks for the video. I know EXACTLY how hard it is to get. I have videotaped many a dance festival in my day and I always felt stressed about getting a place close to my favorite dancer. Dance festival always means that school is almost out--maybe that's why I love it so much--a fun summer awaits!

Unknown said...

Great opportunity, and looks good in orange. It's great that he is getting to do some of the same things as the other children.

lot's of love, Grandpa Randall

Lisa Riddle said...

I'm so glad they still do the dance festival, I loved it too. Remember our newsies dance and disco duck!