-I miss my mom. She gets back soon from Africa. But it is been incredibly hard not having her here while all of this McKay business was happening. 18 months can be a long time.
-I feel truly blessed to be a mom to 3 beautiful children. I appreciate even more now being a mother. I have always loved being a mother. Even though it is the hardest thing I have ever done and is nothing like what I thought it would be. It makes me so happy to be a mom and to hear my kids sweet voices say "I love you".
-McKay... I think there is enough said there.
-My Mother in law. She is an amazing woman. I hope someday I can be as good a mom as she is. She has been so helpful the past few months and I will never be able to tell her how much I appreciate her.
On a good note I had a fabulous mother's day and here is why:
Kyle (and the kids) got me a new dress (he always picks out my favorites), some new candles (my house has not been smelling as good), and an ice cream maker! (I love homemade ice cream and am so excited to have summer ice cream nights!) He even made potato salad from scratch for our family dinner. I admit I doubted him on it, it just seemed like a big endeavour. But as usual, Kyle never disappoints!
Carson gave me a card he made in school, I thought it was pretty funny
He also gave me a very tender present. After I got Brynnley in bed and I went into Carson's room and he was lying in his bed with McKay in his arms. Both of them snuggled up under the covers. Carson had the biggest smile on his face. He is such an AMAZING big brother and truly loves his sister and brother so much. It just melted my heart.Brynnley spent the day asking me to "Hold you", which means she wants me to hold her. Although it's hard when she asks when I am feeding McKay I love when she just wants a good snuggle. She was so excited about my "pretty" new dress too!
McKay spent the day giving us LOTS of smiles and even a little giggling. I LOVE when he smiles, his whole face just lights up and his eyes get squinty with excitement.
3 comments:
What a wonderful day! Carson is really growing up. He is learning how to love and be unselfish. I remember some of the struggles he had with Brynnley. He's growing past all of that. Your children truly are gifts from God--each for their own reason. How truly blessed you are! (Grandparents share in that blessing, too!) We love all of you!
Being a mom is way harder then i thought too, but well worth it. I so LOVE the card from Carson, so dang cute. You are a great mom, i really look up to you, you have it all put together and even if you dont, you sure look and act like you do. :)
So Sweet! I love the homemade gifts the kids bring home from school and primary.
Post a Comment