Sunday, May 2, 2010

A good day

Around here, some days are better than others. Last Sunday was a good day...

We had sausage for breakfast. My kids LOVE sausage. Carson is always asking for more. He told us he wants 100 sausages on his birthday. (Guess we better start stocking up)

I came down from getting McKay down for a nap and Carson and Brynnley were watching "The adventures of Shark boy and lava girl". My first instinct was to turn it off, the tv had been on all morning. But Carson was enjoying it so much I decided to join him. I spent the next hour snuggling with Carson and Brynnley on the couch. Brynnley kept giving me hugs and kisses and Carson was so excited we were watching a movie together.

I had both kids down for a nap and Kyle was at church. I spent the next hour holding McKay. We just talked and I gave lots of kisses. I rarely get alone time that isn't rushed with him.

Brynnley got to wear a "pretty" twirly dress. It's just fun to wear a twirly dress!


We went for a walk and Carson got to ride his green bike. He LOVES his green bike and is so excited it is warm enough to ride!
Brynnley helped me make a cake with chocolate frosting. She LOVES helping me cook. Especially when it involves anything with sugar. Frosting is her favorite.

I had all the kids in bed by 8 and was able to enjoy a couple of hours of quiet with my husband.

Life is good

1 comment:

Gayle J. Randall said...

You've experienced the "opposition in all things," with some very challenging days in the past few months. Now you can appreciate even more how wonderful a good quiet day full of love and peace can be. I'm proud of you for taking the time to enjoy it and to write about it.