Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy 5th Carson

I love birthdays! I love making a really big deal out of them and making the day extra special. Carson had more of a birthday week. We had his friend party on Friday night. Then on Monday night we had a special family dinner. Carson got to choose the food. He choose Fettuchini (he loves noodles!). He wanted homemade "banilla" ice cream with gummy bears for dessert. After dinner we let him open his presents from us. He was REALLY excited for his Bakugun Drago dragon (7 bakuguns that turn into one dragon). He has been asking for it since after Christmas. He also got a tennis racket, now he is ready to play tennis with "tennis" Grandma!

The morning of his birthday we went out to Kneaders for breakfast. Carson has a major love of breakfast sausage. He told us a couple of months ago he wanted 100 sauages on his birthday. So Kyle improvised and made a 100. I think it worked just as well!
Before lunch and while McKay was napping we went out to do water balloons, one of Carson's all time favorite things. The kids loved it and had a lot of fun. The ice cream truck came by while we were out so I decided to let them get some. The kids were SO excited! They couldn't wait to pick out an ice cream. As you can tell, they thoroughly enjoyed them! We were going inside and Carson turned to me and said "Mommy, can you believe it, a real ice cream truck. That was awesome!" Sometimes I feel like a good mom...The main event of the day was Cowabunga bay! Carson loves Cowabunga bay, we went once last year and every time we drive by Carson asks when it is going to be open and when we are going to go.
We had so much fun! Kyle's parents rented a cabana for all of us and it was so nice. We had a nice shady spot for McKay and a nice area for us all to relax and warm up too. Carson loved all of the slides and would go down with anyone who wanted to. They were a little cold, so we all had to warm up in the lazy river and pool.Doesn't McKay look adorable! He didn't go near the water (too many people and germs), but I had to get him dressed up still!
Brynnley loved the slides too, she was so proud of herself for going on the pink slide by her self. She also had funny playing with Sadie in the pool.It was great weather, lots of fun and good company. I have a feeling we might be headed back again this summer!

So I think we packed as much as we could in for Carson's birthday. I think he had a lot of fun and a great birthday! I can't believe my baby is 5!!!

3 comments:

Cami said...

Wow! Yes you did pack a lot into the day! Looks like lots of fun. We totally want to go to Cowabunga Bay with you sometime. we got these pass things.
You are definetly just as exciting as kyle, its just that the kids see your face all day everyday. I feel the same way about james. They totally are more excited to see him then me. Lets get together. I miss you guys and we only live down the street from eachother.

Cami said...

Oh and P.s.- Mckay looks so adorable in his swimsuit. Darling.

Gayle J. Randall said...

Happy Birthday, Carson! What a fun day! It sounds like you did every fun thing you could think of in a day. Don't you have a wonderful mom to help you have such a fun day! I love you! It's so good to see you and spend time with you! Love, Grandma Randall (aka "tennis grandma")