Saturday, June 19, 2010

Room Redo's


We have been doing some room finishing and re-arranging around our house. We knew it was time for Brynnley to move out of the crib so McKay could have a nice big bed. So we moved the crib out of Brynnley's room and finished Mckay's nursery and I re-decorated Brynnley's room and gave her a big girl bed.

I think Mckay's room turned out super cute. We used a lot of the same stuff from Carson's nursery but went with more of a cars theme. I LOVE the shelf I found on super good clearance through pottery barn kids. It is a wagon they turned into a shelf. I love how the wall with the cars turned out as well. It feels nice to have a real room for him, and I love having the rocking chair in his nursery. I also used Kyle's old pinewood derby cars on the shelf. I love that we have them out and kudo's to his mom for making sure he kept them!

Brynnley's room I really didn't want to paint because I love the paint job in her room. I actually found this bedding at Target and fell in love with it. Plus it was much cheaper than the original bedding I wanted! I love that it matches her room but that I could bring a lot of accent colors into her room as well.I was really excited about this bench. It was a bench that Kyle's parents gave to us when we got married as a hand me down. We had it outside for a while but when we moved here with the wind it kept blowing over. I saved it in the basement for years, I knew exactly what I wanted to use it for. Paint it and use it to hold dress ups. So I am really happy with how it turned out, I was originally going to distress and stain it. I am still debating whether I want to or not. But I love it in her room and Brynnley was so excited to put her dress ups in there. I made some bow holders, re-painted some DI candlesticks, made the canvas wall art above her bed, did the bulletin board and re did the frame with the ballerina picture. Kyle actually gave me that picture when we were dating/engaged. I have saved it for a long time, waiting until I could put it in my little girls room!
Brynnley LOVES her big girl bed. Anyone that comes over she has to take them up to show them "my big girl bed". She actually has done better in it than we thought she would. She goes to sleep a little late but that is because she is in her bed reading books, even if it is pitch black! But she has been doing really well in there and we couldn't be happier and more relieved!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

those rooms are DARLING! I'm going to be stealing some ideas for sure!

Lyns said...

SOOOOOO cute! Great job Val! You're making me really want to be in a home I own again so that I can get my kids rooms the way I want them. I love Brynnley's little girl room. DARLING! I'm sure Mckay is feeling like such a big boy in his new room! So cute!

T Fowler said...

Everything turned out very cute! Even though we don't have a baby to move into the crib, I'm thinking it's time to move Kate into a big bed as well. She is getting a little too comfortable climbing in and out of it!

Cami said...

The rooms are sooo cute! They turned out great! I need you to come help me. :)

Gayle J. Randall said...

You have the cutest ideas! I can't wait to sit in the rocker with McKay in his room. I'll be happy to snuggle with Brynnley and her books in her new big girl bed. How clever your ideas are! You really know how to recycle and make things look new again!