Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I wish, I wish...

There are so many attributes that I wish I had and I don't. I think some can be acquired after some hard work, but some I think you are just born with.
I have always admired many different attributes of my husband. He is SO outgoing and can talk to anyone. He makes friends and contacts so easily and everywhere! I am not this comfortable at all.
He always knows what questions to ask and what to find out for the future.
I was reminded this week of another attribute that I desperately wish I had. Kyle is an amazing problem solver. He is especially good at it, with out getting stressed about it. Me on the other hand, I get so stressed over the little things and am constantly sighing with frustration (Kyle will attest to that.) Just this week he had some major issues to deal with at Kneaders. Something that probably would have taken someone days to work out, he took care of in an evening.
I have been swamped with medical bills, explanations of benefits and so much more from McKay's hospital stay. There are a few that we just keep having problems with. After finding out again that a certain claim was being denied I called Kyle in frustration. Kyle told me to give him the number of who he could call. This particular claim something I have been working on for months now. He called and an hour later and had it taken care of.
This was one of the many attributes that was incredibly helpful with our NICU stint earlier this year.
He has such a way with people and knows just what to say. He also knows how to keep his stress level low, I rarely see him stressed.
I guess they say that is the good thing about marriage, your partner should have what you lack. But there are many days when I feel like I get so much more from Kyle than he gets from me.

5 comments:

Lyns said...

Kyle is definitely a great man and you are so lucky to have him, but he is so lucky to have you too! You are a wonderful person and have amazing qualities yourself. I'm sure Kyle would say the same thing. :) It's hard to see your own good points, but everybody else certainly sees them.

Emily and Seth said...

Medical bills are the worst! I hope that they will all calm down soon for you. Kyle is definitely the man to have around when you need a problem solved regarding people. He is awesome, and so are you. He couldn't do all the things you do, and he wouldn't have married anyone but the best.

Gayle J. Randall said...

Everyone always thinks that they marry someone who is a lot like them, but I have found that we are naturally drawn to someone, who, although we may have a lot in common, there are many things we don't. I believe it's our Heavenly Father's plan to make our marriage "whole"--we each bring our strengths and together (it's called synergy) the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. "For all have not every gift given unto them: for there are many gifts, and to every man is given a gift by the Spirit of God. To some is given one, and to some is given another, that all may be profited thereby." D&C 46: 11-12 We are so happy with your happy marriage!

Unknown said...

In our Employment Workshops, Problem Solver is one of the key skills on our list--A great skill to have. Way to go Kyle.
Grandpa Randall

Great Dane said...

Don't compare yourself to others too much. Christ, our perfect example, is the only one that we should compare ourselves to constantly. There are plenty of good things that we see in you that we wish we had, so don't be too hard on yourself. :)