Sunday, April 10, 2011

The happenings

In the past few weeks I have had a few people tell me they come to the blog for updates and to see how McKay is doing. I guess more people read my blog than I thought. So I thought I should update on what we have been up to. Most people may not care. Our life is not that exciting because we are housebound
*So far the month of April has been pretty quiet. We have all stayed healthy. McKay went back to the doctor and got a clean bill of health. He did tell us he is still seeing a fair amount of RSV so to stay inside until the end of April. I would be lying if I said I wasn't counting down the days. Easter Sunday is the day, I am SO excited for us ALL to go to church, together as a family. Just to all be going out together, it sounds heavenly!
*I have officially finished deep deep spring cleaning my house. It took me almost two weeks. The house is sparkling clean (literally), and it felt so good! Those other mom's out there, will know what I am talking about.
*We are all REALLY ready for mother nature to make up it's mind and be spring. We are ready for park days, picnics, water balloons, and soccer and baseball games.
*Kyle job is going very well (lots of people have been asking). The training is pretty long and he is anxious to get into the actual sales part of the job. I am anxious for the hours to get a little better. Everyone keeps telling me the hours will be great, but so far no sign of that.
*We were finally able to get a hold of the leading geneticist in the country that deals with the syndromes that they believe McKay has. I am so grateful that I found someone on facebook in Canada with a baby so incredibly similar to McKay. She was able to help me get in contact with this geneticist in Seattle.
I have felt since we started looking at different syndromes for him that we needed to find a way to get this doctor to see McKay's records. Everyone I have found that has been dealing with Macrocephaly (Large head) syndromes has seen this doctor. We got word that they have finally received all of McKay's records, MRI's, photos and clinical notes. (It took a lot of phone calls and coordinating). So they have passed it onto a doctor that works on the team for this geneticist. They have also asked to put McKay into the research study they are conducting. So we are anxious to hear what they have to say, and possibly if they have a diagnosis for us. I am trying not to get my hopes up to much, and I am trying to get myself prepared for the answer of "wait and see". So keep your fingers crossed there is some news in that area.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update on your family! That's so great about getting in contact with the leading geneticist. I hope that that works out and everything goes well. You are such an inspiration for me and your kids are so adorable! :)

Gayle J. Randall said...

Oh, you've worked so hard to get the best for McKay. He is still in our prayers, of course, and we are hopeful that you can finally get some answers. We are cautiously optimistic because we know that "wait and see" is the common refrain that you've heard since he was born. We love you!