Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Angry birds birthday party

So I started asking Carson a few months ago what he wanted for the theme of his birthday party. I was pretty sure he would pick superhero's, which he did. I started thinking of all the fun stuff we could do. We were talking about it at dinner one night and Kyle said "Dude, why don't you have an Angry Birds birthday party!" Carson thought it was the coolest idea ever. So the Angry Birds birthday party was born. The only problem is there really isn't Angry Birds party stuff and the actual game of Angry Birds is fairly new. Thank heavens for google! It was a lot of work because I had to put it together myself, but I do think it turned out pretty awesome.

I found these cute angry bird cupcakes online and thought they were so cute, not as hard as I thought they would be to put together either. I found these paper box angry birds you can put together, I thought they looked cute on the table and Carson loved them. I also found Angry bird balloon templates for the bird balloons, I think they were so cute. We also had "pig food" (popcorn) and "bird food" (gummy worms) to eat and for the favors.I found a Living Social deal a few months ago for a bounce house and a concession. So we had a bounce house with a slide and a snow cone machine. I have to say they were super fun and the kids (big and small) loved them!
Everyone waiting in line for their snow cones. Most the kids had at least a couple of them. Super tasty!I also had a few games planned. We used a giant slingshot (water balloon launcher) to launch water balloons at a stack of boxes to knock them down just like the real Angry birds game. The kids had a lot of fun with this game. The wind kept knocking our boxes down and we were having a hard time getting the right angle with the slingshot, so the kids took to just throwing the water balloons.We also went on a golden egg hunt, I had spray painted eggs gold and each child was able to find two. They were stuffed with Angry bird silly bands (found on Amazon)

Here is my crown jewel! I made this pinata. You can't buy Angry Bird pinatas anywhere except on Etsy at a crazy expensive price. So I saw a picture of one and decided to attempt it. It was my first experience with paper mache. I can say I'm not a lover, too messy. Luckily Kyle came to my rescue and helped finish the messy part. I was terrified that once it was done it was not going to hold up and that after the first swing it was going to fall apart. But every child got one good swing, I was so happy it lasted through all of the kids!Carson came downstairs after I had finished making the pinata and he had a look of amazement. He said " Aw snap, Mom that is the coolest thing ever!" Made the whole party worth it. We also asked Brynnley to say pinata over and over. She has been watching Dora lately so she would say in a fabulous spanish accent "A Piaata'!"Carson got some great presents, he loved all of them. Grandma and Grandpa Randall got him some more Pokemon cards with a case and some ninja lego's. Grandma and Grandpa Ford got him a new bike since he has outgrown his other one. His friends got him lots of fun stuff!
It was a great party and I think all the kids had a lot of fun. We had 10 kids total! It was a lot of work but Carson loved every single detail that I put time into so it made it all worth it!

6 comments:

Cami said...

Awesome! It all looks fantastic. Well done!

T Fowler said...

Everything looks great! You did a great job.

Heather said...

You did so much. It was the cutest party. Saige had a ball. Thanks for inviting her. It was good to see you guys too!!

Lyns said...

You are my idol! What an AMAZING party!

Gayle J. Randall said...

What a fantastic party! You are a party planner extraordinaire! Every detail was so well done! Thank you to Carson for being so grateful and observant. You've taught him well! Everyone had a great time and we were so happy to be there!

Keri Chappell said...

I think I need to hire you and fly you out to CA to do my kids' birthday parties! What a great idea and incredible results!