So I packed up the kids and loaded the car to it's maximum capacity (why does it take so much stuff to go somewhere, especially with a baby!). My parents rode down with us too. The kids LOVED having Grandma and Grandpa around and I loved having some extra hands with the kids.
The condo we stayed at was fabulous and new. It was in Coral Canyon so we were not right down in St. George. Carson and Brynnley loved it because they got their own room, with twin beds. They were so excited to sleep in the same room. We also had a pool only a few condo's down. As well as a putting green, basketball courts, and a playground. It was wonderful!
We spent A LOT of time swimming. We usually went at least twice a day. My kids were fish, as I expected them to be. I couldn't believe how comfortable Carson was in the water, he loved it and entertained himself every time we went to the pool. Luckily Brynnley is not as comfortable as she use to be. (She was WAY too comfortable last year). She still loved being in the pool, but had to have someone right next to her. This was McKay's first time swimming! He did not love, the baby float I had for him. But if someone was holding him he loved the water. He didn't love it super long, so he just went for a few short swims.

We were lucky enough to see one of our favorite family friends the Cuff's while we were in St. George. We went to the splash park with them one afternoon. It was a fabulous splash park, I wish we had one that amazing. The kids loved every minute of it. Carson and Ava were inseparable. (Be sure to note Ava's supermodel pose in the bottom right pic, love that girl!)
We also went to a super cool park. I have never ever seen a park like this before. My sister had discovered it last year (She even looked the park equipment up online to see where it was from because it is so unique. The park equipment is from Sweden). My kids loved it, it had so many things that they had never played on before.
We also took a trip to Snow Canyon. We did just a small amount of hiking and the kids loved it, McKay especially! I am not sure why but he was just clapping and giggling the whole time we were outside. Poor kid i am sure was just so excited to be in the wide open with fresh air. We didn't have any type of backpack for him so we did have to take turns carrying him. He is getting hefty!Brynnley loved throwing rocks off of the big rocks and looking for "beautiful" flowers. She also picked up rocks wherever we went, then she would throw them down in a different spot and say "I think it looks good right here." We also found some "sparkling" sand and she thought it was amazing, she just kept saying how beautiful it was. I love having a little girl!
We also saw a couple of lizards, Carson loved it. I was missing Kyle while we were there because I know he would have loved it and would have loved to catch lizards with Carson.
On Sunday evening we went to the temple and walked around and went to the visitors center. The kids each picked a spot where they wanted a picture. Don't you love flexible McKay, he usually can entertain himself with his feet. The kids really liked the visitors center and all of the stuff that was in it. They even watched the old classic "Johnny Lingo" while they were there (McKay only wanted to watch the first 10 minutes)
We had a wonderful trip. It was beautiful, it was warm, and it was relaxing. It was relaxing because I didn't have a million things I could be doing. I loved spending so much one on one fun time with the kids and I loved having my parents there. The kids couldn't wait to show Grandpa and Grandma everything. It was such a good time and I hope we can go back soon!
2 comments:
What a fun time we had! It was a wonderful vacation! Your pictures are so fun and bring back so many special memories! I hope we can do it again, too! Love to all of you!
You are on top of it girl! Way to get the pictures up! I LOVED looking at the pics. It looks like you had so much fun. We had so much fun playing with you guys. Ava still keeps saying, "When do I get to play with Carson again?" So cute. You are going to have to let me know where that park is. It looks amazing.
Post a Comment