Over the past week this is all I have been thinking about.
Thursday morning I got a call from one of Carson's preschool friends mom. We have chatted a few times over the school year and were coordinating getting the boys on the same soccer team recently. Our little boys were best friends from school too. So we had planned to get them together for a play date on Friday. She called and said he wouldn't be able to play, she explained her husband had died the night before in a plane crash. I felt sick to my stomach as she told me the news. I talked to her for a minute and said what I could. I could not stop thinking about her and her devastating loss. She was now left without a husband and 3 young boys, all under the age of 12. I went to the viewing to support her, and it had to have been one of the hardest things I have ever done. The whole time I was there I just kept thinking "what if it was me?". Then I saw her little boy that was Carson's age and I was overcome with tears. My heart breaks for this little 5 year old boy that will not know his father very well. His dad won't get to see him play football, graduate high school or get married. I have texted her a couple of times this week, but it has been rough. To make matters worse they found out her husbands life insurance had lapsed the week before, she is left with nothing. If you want to donate anything, or see the news articles about it, here is the link. Please keep this family in your prayers, I am devastated for her and her family.
Friday morning we got a call from Kyle's dad saying Kelli was in the hospital. She had had a brain bleed the night before. It was really scary and really tense for a while. Luckily she was able to get to the hospital in time and they were able to monitor her and keep her comfortable. She will be in the hospital a total of 6 days. I think it made everyone in the family a little scared, and realize how precious life is. Kelli is doing well and is recovering very well, thankfully. I was overcome with emotion after I heard the news and thought about how much Kelli means to me. I truly do have the best mother in law ever, I am one of the really lucky ones.
All of this craziness this week has made me extra emotional and I have been reflecting on my lift a lot more. It really makes you think about things, and how you are living. Your life could change drastically in an instant, if it did is this how you want things to be?
3 comments:
Oh, if we could only remember that "life can change in an instant." We would do things so much differently. Our prayers go out to your friend and to David and Kelli. Now is the time we "mourn with those that mourn and comfort those that stand in need of comfort."
That story is so horrible... small world. The other two guys who did were my moms husbands really good friends... practically brothers! Such a tragic story!
That is so sad, I read the article and my heart breaks for your friend and her children. I will pray for her.
Post a Comment