Saturday, June 25, 2011

Carson turns six, and E for Everyone to the canyon, F for Farm

So here is how Carson's birthday week (yes week...) played out. The Saturday before his birthday we celebrated his birthday with just our little family. He wanted Panda Chicken (Panda Express Orange chicken) for dinner. After dinner he opened presents from all of us. McKay got him a football, Brynn got him a game and Mom and Dad got him a Wii Star Wars Lego game, a movie, some superhero shirts, and his favorite present Pokemon cards. After all of that we headed up to get snow cones, Carson's favorite. He got Sharks Blood and Tigers blood mixed, yum! We had to celebrate his birthday early because Kyle flew out Tuesday for work for a few days.
We had his friend party on Monday so that Kyle could be there, post on that to come. You should be anxiously awaiting, it was more of my more ambitious parties!

On Tuesday we went to Toys R Us. They gave him a birthday balloon. Sadly they were out of crowns and she didn't announce it over the speaker, I was a little bummed. But Carson really didn't care. He was so excited to get a gift card from Great Grandma and Grandpa Ford. He opened it up and about burst with excitement and asked when we could go. When I take Carson to spend gift cards or money I have to be prepared for a long shopping trip. He is a lot like his father and loves to shop and loves to look at it all. After some gentle coercing he finally decided what to get. Here are his "goods" below.
I actually had to wake him up on the morning of his birthday! Silly boy had climbed into cuddle with me at about 6 AM, it was the perfect birthday present to me as I snuggled with him and thought about his birth and the last six years. I woke him up so we could get the day started. We started out with the birthday measuring.
I saw a super cool new birthday idea I knew my kids would love so I started it with Carson. You put out as many balloons as old as they are and you put a dollar bill inside each one and then they get to pop them. Carson loved it and I love having a fun new birthday tradition. I had to wake Carson up because Grandpa Ford was taking him golfing. Carson LOVES going golfing on a "real" course. He is getting pretty good too. He even got to go to Krispy Kreme doughnuts for breakfast. He told Grandpa "This is the best day ever, I love spending the whole day with you."After he got home we headed to the Farm for a little fun. We came home and all had a little down time. That evening we picked up dinner and Grandma and Grandpa Ford and head up American Fork canyon. We had dinner and just enjoyed the beautiful canyon. My kids love going up to the canyon. We had to be extra careful because the river was super high and raging. Carson requested brownies instead of cake for his birthday. So we sang and he blew out candles again. He was too busy playing afterwards to have any brownie. He also opened birthday cards from Great Grandma and Grandpa Hubbard and Great Aunt Edith. They both gave him money, he loves getting "money's". He has been saying for a while thst he is saving all of his "money's" for Disneyland.It was a wonderful day and I think Carson had a good day. I can't believe my little buddy is 6!

2 comments:

Gayle J. Randall said...

So much fun! Wow! A whole birthday week! You've got more ideas and energy than I ever had!

Michelle Kelly said...

Wow, he probably has more money than I do. Looks like a fun birthday week.