Sunday, June 26, 2011

Carson @ six

I can't believe Carson is 6! That just seems so old to me, and he starts Kindergarten this fall. I hope my heart can take that! (The above picture was his tough guy face I told him to make)

Carson I think has grown up a lot in the last year. He still loves to have fun all the time. He can make whatever is happening fun. He loves to be social and have lots of friends. We got his evaluation from preschool and he mastered everything except one. His teacher said he was "extremely" social and sometimes it got in the way of his listening. He made lots of new friends at school this year. His teacher said she thought it would be on the higher end of Kindergarten as well. This year he has been pretty sports obsessed as well. He has tried just about every sport out there and loves them all! He loves to watch any sport on TV, especially with Daddy. He is a very giving person. He loves to color pictures for everyone. He also loves to give his toys away to people. Almost every night when I tuck him in before bed he tells me he left me a surprise. I go to bed and usually find a Bakugun, a picture, or a stuffed animal just for me on my nightstand. He is a wonderful big brother. He loves to play with Brynnley and they love to make up fun games, or have "pretend" parties, or pretend to go to school together. (They definitely have their major meltdown together moments as well too). Carson adores McKay, he is very protective of him and loves to tell everyone "This is my baby brother McKay". I hope he continues to stay like that with him, especially since things might be hard for McKay.

Here are his favorites:
Favorite food:Pumpkin bread (from Kneaders), cinnamon toast crunch, Reese's
Favorite snack: frozen grapes, otter pops, and wheat thins
Favorite thing to do: Listen to Justin Bieber on Daddy's I Pod, play the wii, battle Pokemon cards, ride scooter outside
Favorite color: Blue, Yellow, and green
Favorite sport and team: Soccer, basketball, flag football. Michigan Wolverines (yes it causes some major problems with the Ohio State buckeyes lovers), BYU, Richmond Spiders, and Florida Gators
Favorite TV show: Ben 10, X Men, Scooby Doo, and Tom and Jerry

2 comments:

Cami said...

Its Crazy our boys are 6! Looks like he had a great week! I love that you celebrate for a wk too, bc james thought it was crazy that my mom did it for us and now i do it for my kids! And im totally stealing your cute balloon idea!

Gayle J. Randall said...

What a great little guy! We have been the recipients of his thoughtful little gifts, too. I think he takes after his Mommy and his Daddy in that way. Great job teaching him to be generous! Happy Birthday, Carson!