We had pancakes and sausage for breakfast with some fresh blackberry sauce on top. Yum! Carson was super excited he got to use the red plate for breakfast.
He looks so old to me! I can't believe he is a kindergartner! Full of personality, as you can tell...
We were also lucky enough that Daddy was able to come see Carson off on the bus! As you can tell we were a little early for the bus stop, so there was some impatient waiting from everyone. I held back tears until the bus pulled up. Kyle told Carson to give me a hug and Carson turned around and I lost it. I am so excited for him but I know things will never be the same. It was so hard to see him climb up those bus steps. I just wanted to jump on the bus with him.We won't have as much time together and pretty soon I won't be as fun and exciting as I use to be.
The bus was late so I didn't actually get to see him get off the bus at school. I did follow the bus all the way up to the school but they hurried and got the kids into the class. I was sad I didn't get to give him one last wave goodbye.
He got off the bus great (I was just so relieved he was on the right bus). It was a lot of fun to hear all about his first day of school and how much fun he had and how he loved his teacher.
I am also copying my sister on her idea. She wrote a letter to each of her boys when they start Kindergarten, Jr. High and High School. I think it is fabulous idea.
Carson,
I love you so much, and I hope that you will always know how much I love you. You are such a joy in my life. Your sweet and energetic spirit is what keeps me going some days. You are always on the hunt for something fun to do. Whether it be with friends, or your brother or sister. I appreciate so much that you are willing to help around the house. You are such a good helper with McKay and he loves when you play and tickle with him. I am so glad that you and Brynnley are such good friends. I am so happy that you always have someone to play with. I love when you get so excited to show her something. I hope your dad and I are not to hard on you, you are our first and we expect great things from you. Continue to be the wonderful, and social person that you are. I love your zest for life and to try new things and new sports. Continue to have the love for your Grandparents that you do, you mean the world to them and they will ALWAYS be a wonderful influence in your life. Thank you for being such an amazing son. And a special thank you from Mom for always asking me to lay with you and hold your hand one more time at night. I will hold your hand whenever you want for as long as you want.
Love, Mom and Dad

3 comments:
I love the letter idea! I may have to steal that idea too! Your cookie turned out super cute!
What a cute post, I almost started crying. Your kids are getting so big!
You have such great ideas and you know people with great ideas! I think the picture of Carson by the door is so good! He looks like he's thinking of something important. What a wonderful day for all--you made it that way!
Post a Comment