Tuesday, August 30, 2011

R-Reading books on the trampoline, and end of Summer BBQ


We did it, we completed our full ABC of summer fun! It was a lot of fun but kept us VERY busy. We had an awesome and amazing summer, very much non stop. I definitely took advantage of the fact that we could be out. I wanted to squeeze in as much fun stuff as we could before we have to hibernate again. I also big time took advantage of Kyle's better work schedule. It was SOOO nice to have him at so many more family things, and just be able to do more things together as our little family.

The night before school started we had our end of summer BBQ. Grandma and Grandpa Ford said they wanted to see Carson before his first day so we invited them over for dinner. We had grilled pizza, salad and watermelon. For dessert we had brownies with homemade vanilla ice cream and fresh (we picked blackberries that morning) blackberry sauce. It was delicious!
After dinner we did back to school father's blessings. Carson was pretty excited about getting his very own blessing. Kyle did a fabulous job and I think it will be a wonderful tradition.
After dinner we took some books outside and read on the tramp. The kids thought it was more fun to jump than to read, but it was a good time.

I admit I am a little excited summer is over. We have been so busy it will be nice to not have to be so busy and be back in a routine. (I do love routines). Carson and Brynnley were really starting to get on each other's nerves so I think they will be much happier having a break from each other. I am also very excited for Fall, it is one of my favorite times of the year. We are sad to see summer go, but we'll see you again soon!

1 comment:

Gayle J. Randall said...

What a fun family picture! It just looks fun to see everyone on the trampoline. What great ideas you had for summertime activities. Great job, Mom!