First off... wow. Look at where we started and look at where we are now. It puts things in perspective to see where we were 2 years ago. Now to see the happy big, healthy (well some what healthy, healthy for him) baby boy. 
I say it every time, but I can't believe how time flies. I can't believe McKay is 2 years old. I am already having major panic attacks about next year when he turns three and has to go to preschool as soon as he turns three. I am terrified, but that's later...McKay is our easy going, content, love able baby. I still call him my baby, he doesn't seem like a toddler to me yet, so my baby he will stay for as long as I can.
McKay loves to give big open mouth wet kisses, loves to snuggle with whoever will hold him wit his favorite blue silky blanket (pictured above).
His favorite things at two years:
He loves dogs, he can now say woof and will say it as soon as he sees a dog. He also loves balls. He is actually surprisingly good at throwing them. He is even a lefty. He is getting close to being able to say ball as well.
His all time favorite thing right now is his favorite show, called "Bubble Guppies". Don't ask what he sees in it, but he literally is obsessed. It is the ONLY show he will watch. Many have tried to find other shows he will watch but no luck. We have all 16 episodes that have aired recorded and he watches them over and over. He still gets so excited when the music comes on. If he is over in another room and it comes on the tv he will crawl as fast as he can to get there.
His favorite foods right now are pizza, grilled cheese, chicken nuggets, deli ham, pirates booty and ANY type of cookie. He has gotten up to about 1/2 regular food and 1/2 baby food. He still has a lot of texture issues. Most the time when I put something new, or something I want him to try on his plate he just looks at then looks back at me with a face that says "there is NO way I am touching that." I am still hopeful he will be fully off of baby food by next year! He did make big strides and just recently got off of the bottle! Hooray!
His favorite things to do:
-Watch Bubble Guppies
-Play with cars
-Open and close things, as well as put things in a container and take things out of containers. Very big into cause and effect
-Reading books, he will just crawl into his room and look at books all by himself. He loves all books, but is very big into sound books right now.
-Playing with Grandma and Grandpa's coasters, who knows why but he loves to take them out and put them in and then take them individually to people.
-Brynn's Barbie car, I think he loves it because it is a car, it is nice and big and he loves opening and closing all of the doors. Brynn is always so good to share with him and pull it out when he gets to her room.
His AWESOME ACHIEVING milestones:
He can now 4 point crawl, he only reverts back to army crawling every once in a while. He is doing so well at crawling and is getting really fast.
He is cruising like a champ, he has still to let go, but I am hopeful it is only a few months away.
Recently we started working with his physical therapist on standing. She got him standing all by himself against a wall and he did it for a long time. I loved seeing it.
He is doing great in his walker, we have been taking it over to the church gym so he has LOTS of room to walk around. He loves being able to walk around and try and keep up with big brother and sister.
He is really good about waving "bye bye" and is super awesome about giving kisses.
His SUPER COOL language:
He can say woof, and is getting close to saying "ball", and "bye".
He can do the sign for "more", "want", "all done", "eat", and we are working on "cookie", "milk", "ball" and "book".
McKay's Stats:
Weight: 33.47 lb (97the percentile. Mckay is solidly heavy. My arms usually hurt after holding him for more than 5 minutes. A lot of kids with the syndrome he has measure "over weight", usually because they have the head weight of an adult)
Length: 33.75 inches (24th percentile, still on the small end. His little legs are so short, pants are a little difficult because they are so long, but they are too tight on the belly)
Head: 57.2 centimeters, still steadily growing. Now larger than the average male adult.
We are so grateful to have McKay in our lives. He brings joy to our family daily. Not a day goes by that I am not incredibly grateful we were blessed to have him in our lives. I am thankful for all he has taught me. I am thankful for his love and happiness. I love you baby boy!

1 comment:
Oh, he is making so much progress! What great news! I love the picture of him with his cute smile, his big blue eyes and his handsome glasses. How I miss my little man, McKay! Thanks for the post!
Post a Comment