This winter has by far been the weirdest Utah winter I can remember. We really have not had much snow, and my kids LOVE to play in the snow. So when we woke up on Presidents day and there were a few inches on the ground I quickly gathered the kids and threw all of their snow clothes on. I didn't have snow pants for McKay but I knew he wouldn't want to dive into the snow. And yes, he is wearing Kyle's hat, which fits him perfectly.
Carson and Brynn loved running around in the snow and getting their sleds out. Carson was a little disappointed there wasn't better sledding, but he made the best of it.
Brynn spent the majority of the time eating snow, her favorite part.
I couldn't get enough of my snow bunny McKay. He looked so adorable and LOVED being pulled around in the front yard on the sled. He would just giggle and laugh. I LOVE when McKay gets to enjoy something a normal toddler gets to enjoy. About half way through our time outside he ventured into putting his hand in the snow. What a wonderful surprise when he brought his hand to his mouth. After that, he just kept grabbing handfuls of snow to eat. Of course he toppled over into the snow trying to get a big fistful and then the fun was over.
So I took McKay inside and we watched the kids play outside from the window. I love how magical snow is, how beautiful it makes everything look, how it is so fun to eat when you are little kid, and how fun it is to just go play in.

1 comment:
I was thrilled to hear that McKay would eat snow! It's a milestone! How I miss the time with the children playing in the snow. It's one of my fond memories of grandchildren at our house! Thank you for the fun post!
Post a Comment