We had a fabulous Mother's day yesterday. It started on Saturday night with Kyle bring me home fresh cut tulips. I love tulips, they are one of my favorite flowers. He also brought home 8 huge chocolate covered strawberries. One of my all time favorite things, so yummy!
On Sunday morning Kyle's parents and his sister and husband came to our house for breakfast. All the men fixed us a delicious breakfast of waffles, fruit and sausage and bacon. Carson tried sausage for the first time and said "Ohhh, Mommy this is really yummy!" and proceeded to eat 3 more pieces! We all went to our ward for church. My favorite thing of the whole day was watching Carson sing in church. He went right up to the front and stood up in the very front of all the kids. He was so excited and was just smiling and waving. He even sang the song so well (We have been working on it before bedtime) I will admit I got a little choked up. Ever since he was born I was so excited for him to be able to go up and sing with the primary. He looked so adorable and so happy up there, it was a great mom moment!
We went up to Kyle's parents house for a super yummy dinner fixed mostly by DR. (I think Kelli only did the potatoes!) It was delicious and fun to visit with everyone.
Kyle got me a new dress and necklace, and some plants and shrubs for the side of our house. We haven't planted anything on one side of our house so it feels really nice to have something there! As always he is incredibly thoughtful and knows just what to do!
It was a wonderful day and I was reminded how much my children mean to me. I know they can drive me crazy when Carson is whining and Brynnley is screaming for no apparent reason. But they are such a joy in my life and I can not imagine my life with out them. I can't imagine being a mother. It is the most wonderful, fulfilling, exhausting, humorous, frustrating, and amazing thing I have ever done!
I also have been thinking about my mom a lot this past week. As I was planting all of my shrubs and flowers I found myself thinking of her and laughing. I can remember when I was young and she would get so excited to go buy her flowers and get them all planted. I never understood why. But I see myself now doing the exact same thing. I also thought of her on Saturday when I thought, " I would really like to get the house clean so it is clean for Mother's day" totally a thing my mom would do. I miss her terribly and there are days that it is really hard to have her gone and in a different country. I find myself some days just a little emotional wishing I could just pick up the phone and call her and she would tell me it will all be okay and the days will get better. She is such an amazing person and always knows how to inspire me and pick up my spirits. I appreciate all that she does for me and what she is doing now for the people in Africa. I know there are people there that just need "my mom" more than I do right now.
4 comments:
Great post. Sounds like you had a fantastic day.
What an awesome post! I LOVE when the kids get to sing at church, too.
Thank you for the sweet comments! It is so nice to be remembered and thought of. I loved thinking of you planting your flowers and how I enjoy that. I could see you whisking around your house cleaning up, and especially sweeping, which you love so much! :-) Thanks for remembering me on Mother's Day--it's very special, and thanks for understanding why we serve.
That sounds like a wonderful mother's day! Loved the post. That's wonderful that your parents are serving in Africa!
Post a Comment