Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Swim time!


I have been wanting to take the kids swimming for a while but just forget and was a little scared. I was terrified to take two kids swimming by myself. I decided to brave it and go! I am happy to report that we all survived and no one left crying and no one drowned!
When we got there Brynnley was so excited to see the pool, she kept saying "ohhhhh" and pointing at all the water. That was until we decided to get in the water. Then we spent the next 20 minutes with her crying and not leaving my lap. After about twenty minutes she started to splash her hands around in the water. I could tell she was starting to realize it was just a giant bath tub!


So she got right up off of my lap and was loving life.
Carson was as happy as he could be the second we got there. I think I have a fish for a son. He was all over the place and loved going down the slides. He even went under a couple of times by himself!! I even got him to go over to the large play area and go down the tube slide all by himself!
We had so much fun and I am glad to know that I can do it! I think we will definitely be swimming a lot this summer!

5 comments:

Michelle Kelly said...

Your kids are so lucky to go do so many fun things!! They both look like they are having a blast.

Lyns said...

What cute pictures! I'm so glad you survived and had such a fun time! We'll have to join you in a few weeks.

Gayle J. Randall said...

Good job, Mom! You were brave! It's a good age to get them started! Love the pics!

Lisa Riddle said...

You are brave. You give me hope that maybe one day I can handle two kids too.

Seth and Emily said...

Those are great pics! I loved the ones of Brynnely crouched like a frog, and the one where she's sitting down reminded me so much of Kelli for some reason.