Saturday, June 27, 2009

Carson's splash party!


So I admit, I LOVE planning parties! Ever since I was young I have loved to put dinners and parties together. I think it is so much fun. So I was very excited to put together Carson's 4th splash party! It was a huge hit, everyone had fun, and the rain held out until we were done! It could have been a little warmer but no one froze to death, only a few shivering kids and blue lips at the end!
Carson has been saying he wants a big slide for his party for quite a while. We were debating about lots of ideas for his party and Kyle finally decided on renting an inflatable slide. Best decision ever! The kids, and adults had so much fun on the water slide! We had such a hard time getting them off of it when it started to thunder and lightning. We also did water balloons (one of Carson's favorite things to do), although poor Kyle somehow ended up being the target for all of the kids. Luckily he was a good sport and the kids had a blast pelting him (literally!).

(Click to enlarge)
All of Carson's friends and family showed up for his party. We had yummy grilled hot dogs and brats for dinner! Carson loved all of his presents! He got so excited about every single one and even said thank you after each gift with out me even mentioning it!
My favorite picture of the night, I told him to say "cheese", do you think he had a good night?!
Daddy pulling out his "green" scooter that Grandma and grandpa bought him. They even bought two, so no one has to fight and a friend can scoot with him!
We had such a fun night and I loved watching Carson run around with all of his friends and have such a good time! Brynnley even enjoyed herself, she couldn't get enough of the pool! She was pretty much attached to Grandpa Ford, a huge thank you to him for being on Brynnley watch!


Carson blowing out his candles. We had blue cupcakes with "sand" (crushed vanilla wafers) around the edge. They were topped with Carson's favorite gummy fish. He had to have a green one on top of his!

Kyle taking a turn on the slide, he was loving the slide. He even decided to go back down when it was freezing cold and starting to rain. A true little kid at heart!

2 comments:

Gayle J. Randall said...

What a fun party! What fun memories! Carson will remember this for years to come, especially since you took the time to write about it! It looks like all had a good time and made the best of the weather! Happy birthday, Carson! We love you! Love, Grandpa and Grandma Randall

Michelle Kelly said...

It was a fun party. Carson is lucky to have so many fun parties!! Happy Birthday Carson