Monday, June 1, 2009

Lots of hard work for this


We were able to go to the Oquirrh Hills temple on Friday night to go through the open house for VIP's. We took Carson with us because I really wanted him to go through. (We left Brynnley aka the loud screamer and wiggle worm at home with a baby sitter) Carson was very good for the whole thing. A few of the highlights for him were, the water fountain in the front, the restrooms (nice port a potties outside the temple, he thought it was the coolest thing ever), all of the pictures of Jesus, the baptismal font, and finding the paintings of animals in the ordinance room murals. It was very fulfilling to go through the temple and know that we had contributed, even it was just a tiny bit to it. It is a beautiful temple and I am anxious to go through it with Kyle. I think it will always have a special place in our heart.
It was also great to see all of the hard work, we were invited into the hospitality tent and saw all of the food and everyone eating it. Everyone only had good things to say about it. The people in charge of hospitality couldn't have been nice enough. They even told us that President Monson was a little embarrassed but had taken 3 eclairs.
It was a good time for our family. I am glad that Carson was able to see the temple and what was inside and it felt really good for our family to go through and see how amazing the temple was.

4 comments:

Kendall and Melissa said...

Oh, I'm so excited! We just got our tickets to go through it tomorrow since we are on a last minute vacation in Utah. We didn't even realize the open house was running right now, so it's perfect! 'm very excited to see it!

Michelle Kelly said...

That's really cool. It's amazing that we get to go through two temple open houses in the last 6 months. We are going on Friday and are excited to see the temple.

Cami said...

I am soooo glad everything turned out good. Maybe your lives will semi get back to normal. only a few more months right??

Gayle J. Randall said...

You all look beautiful standing in front of the temple. I know that there are special blessings in store for your family. I loved hearing about President Monson and the eclairs--a man after my own heart!