Saturday, June 13, 2009

Fun=Messy

Last year my sister bought Carson some sidewalk paint. For some reason we did not do it last year, I'm not sure why. But we have been housebound for the week (the kids got swine flu, everyone is better and it really was not as bad as I thought, or the world thinks it is!) But we have had to stay away from people for a few days so I was trying to come up with as many fun thing as possible to keep them entertained. So we went outside and did the paints. Thankfully one of my friends had got some last year and warned me it was incredibly messy.





So I went it to it as a mom who was going to just let the kids have fun and not care about the mess (I'm not a huge fan of big messes!) The kids loved it. There was paint everywhere! Brynnley was literally covered from head to toe in paint!!

Brynnleys favorite part was when she discovered I would squirt some in her hand! Carson of course had to join in that fun as well.

We had a lot of fun and I loved seeing the kids enjoying themselves so much. But let's just say we all desperately needed a bath when we were done! And let me just say how thankful I am for Crayola and making everything washable!

2 comments:

Michelle Kelly said...

Looks like fun. The messy activities are always the ones kids remember most.

Gayle J. Randall said...

Good for you, Mom! You know what kids like to do! Creativity = messes, too, but creative children are happy children and smart children, too. Thanks for the post--we loved being part of the fun!