Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The good with the bad

I came home last pretty down and depressed from McKay's afternoon feeding. It had pretty much gone horrible. He was struggling to breath the whole time, had a big choking attack and had barely gotten anything to eat. But I realized as I got home, you have to take the good with the bad.

I got home to 2 beautiful healthy children giggling and laughing because they were chasing each other around the house and playing together.

I got home to a husband who had decided to bake a cake. He said "Just because I thought I should do something for you."

I got home to a delicious meal, dropped off by a friend. It was so yummy and so nice not to have to worry about dinner.

I had found time to get a short Family home evening ready in the afternoon. The kids loved it, we talked about superhero's and making good choices.

We sat down and ate our cake together and told jokes for 30 minutes (Carson is really into jokes right now). It didn't matter what we said the kids were both laughing ridiculously hard at anything we said.

I am truly blessed with a great family. In this very emotional and trying time I forget that as hard as things are, I still have it pretty good.

2 comments:

Gayle J. Randall said...

This is what adversity is all about; the characteristics you develop and what you learn. I am so proud of you! You are learning the personalized lessons Heavenly Father has for you. You are really deep down learning gratitude as well as priorities. You are developing strength you never knew you had. I truly am "well pleased." You really are blessed with an incredible family. We love all of you! We are praying every day for you and for our little fighter, McKay.

Unknown said...

It is a time to evaluate things that are important in our lives, we are so glad for you having a husband that is so caring and kids at any age will understand more then we think. We see 5-6 year olds taking care of younger children here all the time, other fun times will still be in your families lives. All of you are trying so hard, we exercise all the faith we have for you. LOVE GRANDPA RANDALL