I debate about even putting this on here, but I know years down the road I will have forgotten what I am feeling right now.
The best way for me to describe the past month is overwhelmed, let me elaborate.
We have been overwhelmed with people offering to help. Normally I am the one offering to help or trying to give as much service as I can, it is hard to be the one always asking. We have had so many friends and family members who are more than willing to help in any way they can. Prayers, fasting, meals, and mostly helping with the kids. We are so grateful to all of those who continually ask what else they can do or when they can help with the kids next. We are truly blessed to have such an amazing support system at this time. We can feel the love of all those who are thinking and praying for us.
I am overwhelmed at the understanding of my children. The past month my two kids have been shuffled, shipped off and dropped off more than they have probably in their whole life. But neither of them complain about any of it. I know it truly is a blessing that they are doing so well with all of us. Kyle and I are constantly taking shifts with them and constantly coming and going. But through it all they have remained their happy selves. They keep me smiling and laughing through it all. We try so hard to keep their lives some what normal, but it is hard.
The love I feel for my husband is beyond overwhelming. I have never been so in love with him. It is odd that something such as this experience is what made me love him even more. He is constantly taking care of me, worried about me, or doing what he can to help. He hasn't complained about the fact that he has to go work a 10 hour work day and then entertain, feed, and get kids to bed as I go to the hospital day after day. He constantly is reminding me of the good things not the bad and to stay uplifted. He always gives me a shoulder to cry on, I consider it a good thing if I haven't cried in a couple of days. He is amazing and I love him more now than I ever have.
Dealing with everything that goes on with McKay is OVERWHELMING. His progress usually changes daily. It seems like each day something has changed, sometime for the good, but a lot of times not for the good. It is such an emotional roller coaster. I was so excited to be able to start feeding him because I felt like it was really the only thing I could do to help him. But it has been incredibly trying to watch him as most feedings he struggles to breath and is constantly gasping for air. It is exhausting listening to the doctors go over the good and the bad things that are going on. I know it's not a race but it is so hard to see all babies around him go home and we are still there.
I am overwhelmed with how much closer this has brought us to our savior. This little angel that has blessed our lives is closer to Heavenly Father than any of us realize. We know now more than ever that our Heavenly Father has a plan for us, and everything happens for a reason. What reason we may never know, but a very definite reason.
I am overwhelmed by the love shown from our families. Kyle's parents are so giving and the most unselfish people I know. They will do anything to help us now. Whether that means giving Kyle time off of work or watching the kids for the millionth time. They also go to visit McKay as often as they can, and read him books. It has been incredibly trying not having my parents here. They call often to get all the updates on everything that is going on. We can feel their love and support, and worry from Africa.
We hope that we are nearing the end of this very emotional ordeal. We are grateful for all of the doctors and nurses that have been taking care of McKay. We can tell they genuinely care how he is doing. Thanks again for ALL of the love that everyone has sent our way!
7 comments:
You are so wise to put these thoughts and feelings down in writing. You will love reading them and remembering them someday. I wish I had done the same through our experience. My thoughts and words could have been helpful and supportive to you. Yours might be helpful to someone you love someday. I can see you growing by leaps and bounds every day through this experience. You are changing in many positive ways every day. I can see it all the way from Africa. Thank you to all who are filling in to help in ways we would if we were there. Thank you for understanding why we are here. Our gratitude to our Heavenly Father for EVERY blessing which has come from this experience is boundless. We love you and we are "well pleased" with you. How we love our little McKay!
I wonder sometimes what we said we would do or help with in the pre-existence. Did we love someone there so much that we said YES we will help with your experience here on earth. I also find it challenging to keep remembering that this is a short experience compared to our life before and after, sometimes it seems very long! We think of all of you daily and exercise out faith and prayers daily. DAD-- WE LOVE YOU ALL GRANDPA RANDALL
Val, I have no idea how you must feel with all of this going on but I just want to let you know that every time I read one of your updates or one of your posts I get so happy with little bits of good news and then my heart hurts for you and the tears fall when it's not so good news or a set-back for McKay. I've been thinking about you and your little family all the time and I hope that I can come and see you soon even if it's only for a minute and give you a big hug because that's what you would do for me! These things always help everyone remember how many blessings we have and how many people truly love you and your family.
i love reading your stories, usually by myself, cause you have such an amazing attitude about this that it makes me cry!! WE LOVE HAVING YOUR KIDS OVER, and please don't ever hesitate asking we enjoy it more!! Love you guys let us help where ever you may need it!!
You are amazing. McKay is amazing. We just keep praying.
We love you Val and are amazed all of the time by your strength and stamina. I wish we were closer to help daily, but please let me know anything that we can do. Love you!
val im thinking of you and read your updates and am always glad to hear good news! you are a strong person and i look up to you!
Post a Comment