Sunday, February 7, 2010

Holding our baby boy!

On Saturday we were finally able to hold McKay. He had to be off the ventilator and they wanted the line out of his belly button as well. We had been told for a few days that he was almost ready and Kyle and I were very anxious! We were so excited to go on Saturday and hold him. We were even more excited that he really did not have very many things hooked up to him. He actually looked a little bit like a normal newborn!


Kyle was nice enough to let me hold him first. There was a huge sense of happiness the second the nurse put him in my arms. It felt so good! I felt like I was holding a little piece of heaven in my arms. He even woke up for me while I was holding him. He was very quite and just kept looking at me. He looked like he was saying "Hey I remember you, what has been going on this week!" He was perfect the whole time I held him.I wanted Kyle to be able to hold him while he was awake so they could have some bonding time to. So I reluctantly handed him over to him. Kyle is always able to make our kids calm down as soon as he holds them. He did it when Carson and Brynnley were both newborns. McKay just looked so peaceful and calm in Kyle's arms. Here's a video for Grandma and Grandpa Randall in Africa. It has been REALLY hard not having them here through all of this. I have had a few breakdowns just missing my mom and really wishing she was here. There are just times when you need your mom. But we know they are where they need to be, it's just hard. A HUGE HUGE thank you to Kyle's parents for filling in for my parents. They are the most giving, unselfish and caring people that I know. They are willing to drop ANYTHING just to help us with whatever we need. I can't express what a blessing they are and how truly grateful we are to them!


9 comments:

The Watsons said...

He is so precious! I think he totally looks like Carson! I'm so glad you finally got to hold him and that he is doing so well. Keep the updates coming, I check often to see how things are going!

Lyns said...

He is adorable! That made me get all emotional watching you guys holding that sweet little boy. Plus, just seeing pics of you guys made me miss all of you! :) Definitely keep the updates coming because I am always anxiously awaiting them! Love you all!

Michelle Kelly said...

What a cutie!! I can't wait to see him at home. I think he looks just like Carson.

The Smith's - said...

What a special day! I am SO glad that you finally got to hold him. What a cutie!!

Gayle J. Randall said...

Thank you, thank you for the beautiful pictures of our newest grandson! He is just what everyone said: precious, adorable, a cutie and special! We think he really is a "tough guy" after all he's been through. We can't wait to hold him, too! The pictures of both of you finally getting to hold him are so wonderful given all that has happened the last 10 days. How blessed we all are! Our prayers truly have been answered!

Lisa Riddle said...

What a sweet little baby. He is so cute. Gosh what a stressful situation. I am so glad he seems to be progressing. I wish I were closer so I could help you out. Good luck with everything and I'l keep him in my prayers.

Rachel Smith said...

VAl,
I just read about the whole delivery up til now. I'm so glad you were able to hold him and that he is off his breathing machines. What a beautiful baby! You and your family are in our prayers!

T Fowler said...

I'm so happy you were able to hold him and that he is doing well. Not too much longer and he will be home.

Perry, Christi and Logan said...

He is very cute!
Glad that you got to hold him. I can't imagine what a whirlwind of events you have been through.
Glad he seems to be doing well.
Christi and Perry