Monday, September 27, 2010

Fancy Fancy

I was really excited when I was at the library a few weeks ago and saw a sign for a Fancy Nancy girls night. Brynnley has one of these books and loves it. I think it is a really cute series, she most definitely will be getting more for Christmas. I invited my sister and my niece to come along with us. They said it was for any age little girl, "fanciest" clothes were required.

This is what Brynnley picked out when I told her to go pick out her fancy clothes for the party. She was so incredibly excited. The pink blur is her pink butterfly wand, she calls it her "presto".

I guess the library was not expecting such a huge turnout, there were a ton of poeple and not much room. But luckily the girls could really care less what was going on in the front. They were content pulling out piles and piles of books and looking through them. If you know Brynnley you know this is one of favorite things to do, just sit and look at books.At the end they gave the girls a star wand and a starburst (the Fancy Nancy book they read was all about stars). I think the girls had a lot of fun together. I was really excited to just spend some time with Brynnley. I feel like we don't get as much girl time as I would like. She kept calling the party the "Fancy Fancy" party. On the way there we had fun listening to princess music and just laughing together. It was a fabulous extraordinary girls night out!

2 comments:

T Fowler said...

It was a lot of fun. thanks for the invite.

Gayle J. Randall said...

I'm sure those two little girls were the "fanciest" girls at the library. They certainly are the "fanciest" girls I know! What a great idea! They both look darling and so dressed up! I love the picture with loads of books in their arms.