Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Tasty time

We finally were able to start McKay on rice cereal! Our doctor wanted us to wait until he was a little closer adjusted to 6 months. Also the Occupational Therapist was a little concerned about how it would go because of his feeding issues to begin with and his tongue tie. We were also waiting until all the major doctor visits were over.

But it went really well! Much better than I expected. I was expecting him to have a hard time with it or not be too sure about the texture but he was chowing down! He couldn't get enough of it. You could tell he was having a hard time with his tongue because it wasn't quite working like it should. But he did very well.I think he was a little more excited about the spoon, he loved being able to hold it!Kids on the move brought this chair for us to use for feeding him. It lays down in a reclining position since he still can not sit up. It was great! He didn't have to worry about holding his head up and could just sit back and relax! I am so glad and relieved it went so well, hopefully it continues to!

1 comment:

Gayle J. Randall said...

You go, little man! Eat all you can! We hope you continue to make progress. We pray for you every day!