Sunday, March 13, 2011

Eternity isn't long enough


Kyle and I were able to get away for the weekend. It was fabulous and very much needed! We have not been away just the two of us for over probably a year and half, it's been a while.
We didn't go far, we just went up to Salt Lake City to the Grand America. We have wanted to go back to the Grand America for a while, it is where we spent the first couple nights of our honeymoon.
We spent Friday night with our really good friends the Fountaines. We had fabulous food and wonderful company. We had a great time eating, talking, shopping, and getting dessert.
I was so excited to have a full night sleep with no children waking me up. I am pretty sure it has been over 5 1/2 years since I have slept fully through the night. It was heavenly and we even slept in until 8:30! I know, we are pretty crazy!
We took our time getting up and laid in bed for a while enjoying the quiet. Once we got up we headed over to the Little America for a breakfast buffet. It was delicious and super filling! On the way home we did a little shopping and then headed home.
I love spending so much one on one time with Kyle, I miss it a lot. I feel like we are moving at mach speed and don't get as much time just the two of us.
It was relaxing, rejuvenating, and lots of fun!

P.S. Thanks to the Ford's for watching the kiddos. They on the other hand did not get a good full night's sleep.... Sorry!

1 comment:

Gayle J. Randall said...

So fun! I am so glad that you had that time to be together! It's so very important for a good marriage! You both still look darling together!