Sunday, March 13, 2011

Those car doors can be brutal

So as I mentioned earlier I was getting McKay's car seat out of the car to go to Disney on ice. Carson was outside running around (we are all craving the warm weather). I was in the back part of the car when I heard deathly screaming. I knew it was bad becasue it sounded exactly like the scream when Carson split his head open and needed stitches about a year ago.
Immediately when I looked at Carson's head a huge, goose egg appeared. It didn't really break the skin. But the goose egg was getting bigger by the second.
I had the side door open of the car and Carson wasn't watching where he was going and ran right into the edge of the door. Two inches over and it wouldn't have been near as bad.
We got him calmed down and tried to not make a big deal about it so he would calm down. We checked for a concussion and kept asking him if he was doing okay.
By about 1/2 hour later the goose egg was probably the size of a golf ball.
The next day it still looked huge and started to bruise. His eye swelled a little bit. Monday he woke up with not just one, but two black/green eyes.
It looks horrible. It looks really bad. The pictures
don't even come close to doing it justice.
We checked with the doctor twice and they said it was fine if he wasn't complaining about it or having vision problems. But that it would take a few weeks to heal.
I am pretty positive there has been more than one person think I might beat my child. His face is covered in bruises and bumps and he has a broken finger.

2 comments:

Lyns said...

Oh my goodness! Poor kid. :) I hate when stuff like that happens! (and Congrats to the little NICU graduate!)

Gayle J. Randall said...

That was a bad one! I seriously have never seen such a bad goose-egg on a child! I was so sorry that it happened on the same night that you were going to Disney on Ice! Time will take care of it, but it's good thing for a camera to record it as a memory!